Concealed carry traveling

oldschoolsdime92

Your right, I misread the law. Thank you for making me double check myself. 

Q. Is it lawful to carry weapons (e.g. rifles, shotguns, and pistols) in my vehicle when I travel in West Virginia? 

A. Individuals who possess a valid concealed carry permit may carry a concealed handgun in a motor vehicle for purpose of self defense only. West Virginia permits anyone who can lawfully possess a handgun to carry an unconcealed handgun. If you choose to carry an unconcealed handgun in your vehicle and are stopped by a law-enforcement officer, you must understand that that the weapon will immediately attract the attention of the police officer. The presence of the weapon may lead to action by the officer to ensure his or her safety such as the drawing of his or her weapon, ordering you from the vehicle, and/or performing a pat-down search

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

Need to make sure whatever state your CHL is issued is, is also accepted in WV.  I would find it hard to believe WV doesnt accept them all though.  Shit in reality I would think it's a crime NOT to have a gun on you in WV lol.  

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/ohio-ccw-reciprocity-map

Not that helps for the immediate, but PA CCW is easy to get if you have an Ohio CHL. I was doing work in Reading, walked in at the Sherrif's office and had a permit in 30 minutes with an apology for taking so long. Opens up several other states like GA to me.

Not that helps for the immediate, but PA CCW is easy to get if you have an Ohio CHL. I was doing work in Reading, walked in at the Sherrif's office and had a permit in 30 minutes with an apology for taking so long. Opens up several other states like GA to me.

Need to make a trip over there if that's the case.  Anymore details would be wonderful.

I spend enough time over there( west virginia) that it would certainly be worth it to stop at a sheriffs office in PA. I need to check into this more. Thank you!

I did some quick research and it appears that not all counties will process a non resident permit, but this website was kind enough to compile a list of counties that will process a non res permit. Adding Georgia is reason enough for me to do this. 

http://www.pafoa.org/counties?county_issuesNonResidentLTCFs=1

I'd go in the website, print off the documents, fill them out, and then take them in ready to go. They will take your Ohio CHL, do some checks on it, and then issue one for PA. Really is very easy.

Edited by C-bus

New Ohio Concealed Carry law has passed in the Ohio House last week and moved to Senate. It will, among other things, change the reciprocity agreement system and end up making an Ohio Permit valid in both Pennsylvania & Georgia, among others. Decision should be made in next few weeks.

New Ohio Concealed Carry law has passed in the Ohio House last week and moved to Senate. It will, among other things, change the reciprocity agreement system and end up making an Ohio Permit valid in both Pennsylvania & Georgia, among others. Decision should be made in next few weeks.

That would be sick, someone keep me updated on that too, well ALL of us.  Thanks!

That would be sick, someone keep me updated on that too, well ALL of us. Thanks!

Don't worry, us gun nuts will be screaming loud and long either way the Senate votes. It will pass, easily. And it's an election year so Kaisic will sign it quickly.

• Upvote 1