School Shooting In Colorado

magley64

I see in posts about this online: "When will this stop?" "How can we prevent this?" and similar stuff.  

My answer is:  You can't.  When people want to do bad things, they're going to.  Take away the whatever means they used in the latest episode, a gun in this case, and they will find another way.  

• Upvote 1

Yahoo reporting he killed himself as an off duty sherrif/school resource officer was closing in.  Our's were/are armed, I would assume same thing here.  If so, sounds like he may have saved some serious carnige.  Hope the random victim pulls through, really sucks he didn't just off himself solo. 

Big believer in armed resource officers in every school, preschool on.  And yes, I know it costs $ and schools are hurting for that, but if it was proposed that tax dollars would be spent on something like that, I wonder if it would change any outcomes on school levy voters? 

, I wonder if it would change any outcomes on school levy voters? 

Hope not  - our little podunk county school district's Superintendent makes $190,000 per year. Football coaches make $100,000 per year and don';t teach! Until they learn some financial responsibility; fuck'em.

If the levy was for armed cops in the schools only - I'd be all for that. 

The problem now days is kids never get to learn how to be to be a good loser everyone gets the same trophy win or lose discipline at home and school has vanished so when a few of them get to high school and a different set of rules sets in they cannot handle reality and respond in the only way they know how and have practiced and seen many times.

I remember taking my new shot gun to school on the bus for show and tell in the 6th grade or in high school during hunting season and every pickup truck in the parking lot having a shot gun in the back window. But that was a different time when your family name meant something and you taught your kids to respect it and others. Isn’t it nice how this entire politically correct BS has really made the country a better place to live? It’s only going to get worse. It all starts at home be a good parent not their best friend.

• Upvote 1

Hope not  - our little podunk county school district's Superintendent makes $190,000 per year. Football coaches make $100,000 per year and don';t teach! Until they learn some financial responsibility; fuck'em.

If the levy was for armed cops in the schools only - I'd be all for that. 

Eric do you know if there is a place this is published? Looking for local numbers but all I can find is teachers wages. 

Eric do you know if there is a place this is published? Looking for local numbers but all I can find is teachers wages. 

It's not hard to find, even in news articles;

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/johnson-county/2013/11/20/center-grove-proposed-superintendent-pay-would-rank-eighth-highest-in-state-/3654649/

This local school district is also worried about how they're gonna replace the astro turf in the football stadium next year. None of which makes the kids any smarter or helps them scholastically.  I live in one of the highest taxed counties in this State and most of that goes to this waste of a school.

• Upvote 1