quitting smoking: a novel approach.

Gixxus Christ!

Hell you could have joined in, I'm not worried about thunder. We all share in each others success on this thread.

Mutt, what equipment are you vaping on? I started out on a $30 gas station rig with a non-rebuildable cartomizer and puny little battery, now I'm Rockin an eGo 1100 mah battery and kangertech protank 3. It's amazing how much better the higher grade stuff is, and how much better vegetable glycerine based juice is than propylene glycol based. There's only 2 smokers left on my shift at work, everyone else switched to vapor.

Yeah, me too - (2) eGo 1100mah batt's, (2) 1.6ml eGo CE4 Clearomizer tanks, charger, case, and (2) 5ml 24mg veg oils. $74 and some change otd. Have a local vape cafe just south of me called JoJo Vapes, hellacious selection of flavs to choose from. The new technology is worlds superior to the early setups. I had the E-cig kit years ago, harsh to use and junky equip. The eGo is the way to go

• Upvote 1

Dude check ebay for gear. Today I ordered an I-taste 1300 mah variable voltage battery for $29 (usually $50-55) and a kangertech protank 3 for $15 (usually $20-25). The Pro tank 3 has dual 2 ohm coils and holds 3 ml. You need a good battery to run it, I keep my twist at 4.4v but it makes huge amounts of vapor with no shitty burnt taste and the coils are inexpensive to replace. It's all stainless and pyrex, no glue or plastic so any part can be replaced. Definitely worth the money.

I have begun to read the book and i a little over half way through it. Started reading it last night and couldn't put it down.Thank Helmutt for the link! I had quit smoking about 5yrs ago but have dipped for the last 12 or so. Its time to quit nicotine all together. 

I found out that my employers medical benefits were going to increase for smokers and didn't think much of it until we actually had to re-enroll since they were changing carriers... Turns out my coverage would double if I continued to smoke. Needless to say I quit on the first of the year and haven't really looked back. I think it helps that I don't have too many friends that also smoke. I still have occasions where I crave one but haven't done it.

Now I'm looking at getting back into the gym so that I can use that as my stress release instead.

Good job everyone that's quitting, keep it up, we can do it! :)

Dude check ebay for gear. Today I ordered an I-taste 1300 mah variable voltage battery for $29 (usually $50-55) and a kangertech protank 3 for $15 (usually $20-25). The Pro tank 3 has dual 2 ohm coils and holds 3 ml. You need a good battery to run it, I keep my twist at 4.4v but it makes huge amounts of vapor with no shitty burnt taste and the coils are inexpensive to replace. It's all stainless and pyrex, no glue or plastic so any part can be replaced. Definitely worth the money.

Although I typically swear by nothing but quality equipment, I honestly dont plan on this habit lasting long enough to invest too much into it. And even this cheaper setup will outlast and outperform the old E-cigs I had. I love the fact that its so damn cheap. Went from $200/month habit to about $20 month.

We'll see though, once these 2 setups start giving me issues I may look into the bigger betters like yours

And holy shit 24 mg is high. I get mine mixed at 16 or 18.

I picked out the oils, didnt even pay attention to the nicotine level until I was home hitting it. Its not that bad though, and from what I've read it seems to be a happy medium to start on.

I have begun to read the book and i a little over half way through it. Started reading it last night and couldn't put it down.Thank Helmutt for the link! I had quit smoking about 5yrs ago but have dipped for the last 12 or so. Its time to quit nicotine all together.

Good to hear man, and Sam deserves the cred on the book....I knew nothing of it until he brought it up, just a lucky strike finding the freelink ( and yes, pun intended :D ) Edited by Hellmutt

I must transfer the credit to a guy named mike pavlik who I've known for almost as long as I've been smoking. He mentioned the book in a Facebook thread I started the day I bought my first vaporizer. My fiancé then bought the Kindle edition as a gift for me. I am in debt to them both and technically this would be the 3rd time my fiancé has sort of saved my life; the first time she convinced me to get a colonoscopy and they not only found a polyp that was a year away from giving me colon cancer but also discovered that I have a genetic disease called lynch syndrome that causes colon cancer. 2nd wwas a year and a half ago when I was inexplicably losing weight and also had a voracious thirst, she convinced me to see a dr and I found out I was type 2 diabetic. And then she figures out what I needed to quit smoking.

I've been considering a tattoo lately of the eveready battery logo with the cat jumping thru the 9...3 good saves by my sammich maker plus 4 bike accidents and 2 drug overdoses.....seems fitting.

• Upvote 1

I must transfer the credit to a guy named mike pavlik who I've known for almost as long as I've been smoking. He mentioned the book in a Facebook thread I started the day I bought my first vaporizer. My fiancé then bought the Kindle edition as a gift for me. I am in debt to them both and technically this would be the 3rd time my fiancé has sort of saved my life; the first time she convinced me to get a colonoscopy and they not only found a polyp that was a year away from giving me colon cancer but also discovered that I have a genetic disease called lynch syndrome that causes colon cancer. 2nd wwas a year and a half ago when I was inexplicably losing weight and also had a voracious thirst, she convinced me to see a dr and I found out I was type 2 diabetic. And then she figures out what I needed to quit smoking.

I've been considering a tattoo lately of the eveready battery logo with the cat jumping thru the 9...3 good saves by my sammich maker plus 4 bike accidents and 2 drug overdoses.....seems fitting.

Thats crazy stuff. Good life choice and good wife choice

• 3 weeks later...

Stopped counting but I think tomorrow is 7 weeks. Joined planet fitness, time for phase 2: operation sweaty taint.

Hope to lose 3 or 4 lbs a month for the next year or so.

Fantastic! I've also joined a gym, and purchased a few sessions with a personal trainer... hello summer hotness. ;)

Keep up the good work Sam.

• Upvote 1

Tomorrow marks my 1 month point of being smoke free.   Planning to cardio up myself.  I don't believe the track tech's would dig me wearing my leather around the track unzipped with my gut out flailing freely.  This year is all about self improvement

• Upvote 2

Tomorrow marks my 1 month point of being smoke free.   Planning to cardio up myself.  I don't believe the track tech's would dig me wearing my leather around the track unzipped with my gut out flailing freely.  This year is all about self improvement

I know how we can both improve cardio :D 

We can start by working on the basement ;)

My goal is endurance racing in 2 years.