Motoseries

blue03636

Just to clarify things and I'm not trying to publicly bash who's doing the work, I'm just venting at some of the times I'm getting.

Forks have been gone for 2 weeks as of the 7th when they were received. I got my estimate this past Saturday along with the time to get parts, etc.  This is where I got the time frame for when I would get my forks/shock back.  2 weeks gone already + "several weeks" (I'm assuming more than 2) = 1 month (or longer) to get a basic service plus springs and cap extenders installed.

So, I didn't ask for an estimated time on service based on some good rep.  I had several very prompt emails with guy and I personally allotted time until the end of the month for it to get completed which isn't enough based on the time I was give to get the springs.

Bad on me?  Sure I guess that's my bad.  But weeks to get some springs for a bike that's been raced for over 7 years?  I'm not so exactly sold on that.

Again, don't want to neg. rep. the guy as he technically hasn't done anything wrong.  I'm just salty that I'm going to have to miss the first two rounds of racing in an already short racing season.

Hope that helps explain things better.

that's why I stick with the well known more local people that will, A: get your stuff done quickly, and B: be around for support at the track.  Mark Junge with MCJ Motorsports will be doing my suspension.  Nothing like one of the best all around guys who will stop what he's doing and pull your fork apart because "it doens't feel right", find the problem, put it all back together and not ask for a dime.  Mark is located in Ashland, provides at the track service, and has more knowledge, experience, and equipment than pretty much anyone. 

Drew, I might be talking to you about Mr. Junge for my future needs.

Also, I should throw out for future consideration that I sent my forks off to Reuben at 35 Motorsports last season in like mid-July, and he had them back to me within a week or two working great and with some valuable setup information specific to my bike.  Would use him again without a doubt. 

Drew, I might be talking to you about Mr. Junge for my future needs.

If you haven't heard of him, do a google search for Vesrah Racing... He owns/owned that prolific winning endurance team for years, building all the bikes.  His new shop in Ashland was featured in Roadracing World last year I believe, former NASCAR team shop.  He moved the operation from Wisconsin last year so I'm assuming not as many people around here who haven't raced WERA/Nationally know who he is.  He's at mid-ohio for every trackday now providing trackside services and the Pirelli tire services.

If you haven't heard of him, do a google search for Vesrah Racing... He owns/owned that prolific winning endurance team for years, building all the bikes.  His new shop in Ashland was featured in Roadracing World last year I believe, former NASCAR team shop.  He moved the operation from Wisconsin last year so I'm assuming not as many people around here who haven't raced WERA/Nationally know who he is.  He's at mid-ohio for every trackday now providing trackside services and the Pirelli tire services.

I have heard of him through you Duc suckin' buddy. :D  I know he's awesome at bike setup/builds, engines, etc. but didn't know he had the goods for suspension work.  Now that I know I he's not so far away I could simply drive them to him/his shop on a Saturday if he's around.

I doubt Mark wants a 2 smokin' HD tech in his area.  :D

I've been within a a couple miles of his shop just never knew I was close to it.  I'm going to give the current guy a call to see if there's anything that can be done to make sure I have my stuff back in time for Buttnam. :D  He has already stripped everything down and ordered the cap extenders.  I just needed to give my approval on getting the springs which I did give to him.

I agree with Brandon I just replaced the fork seals and changed springs on my Speed Triple took all of about 2hrs. I got the front stand the spring tool seal driver etc. Get your forks and bring them out Friday night we can do them.

Trust me guys, I have no problem doing things myself, especially the forks.  The shock is another matter though.  But all things as they are, I would still need to locate and purchase some springs and I know the fork cap extenders require tearing down the stock caps and rebuilding them on the extended ones.

I'm going to keep on him for some kind of eta as he never replied back to my last email.

My post from the other thread.....

Well...looks like the forks and shock are ready to be shipped back!  The bad is that I've put off working on the TH because I figured it was going to take so long to get the suspension back.

I fail.

I'm going to do my best to get the trailer ready but I don't think I can get it done in time.  I need to de-winterize it, flush the tanks and do a fully mechanical check of the systems.  I also need to to top off the propane, get the TRS installed, new genny arrives tomorrow and needs run to break it in a little, stock it with essentials, fill the water tank, and last but not least is setup the weight dist. hitch.  List is long and I don't know that I can do it all in time but I'm going to give my best so I can be at Nelsons.

• 3 weeks later...