Another Top 10

ScubaCinci

The twisted sisters in Texas sure has been getting a lot of press lately.I might have ton extend my Utah tripo this year and check it out.

I don't know if 555 would make my top ten list of Ohio roads.

I will never forget Colorado 92...not because it was an overly outstanding road,but because I got caught in large cattle drive.I topped a hill that went down into a hugh valley.I saw a black mass about two miles down into the valley and as I got closer and closer I could make out that it was a large herd of cattle.They were being driven up 92 by horse mounted cowboys and cowgirls.When I got within a hundred yards or so I flagged down one of the lead cowboys and asked him if I should turn around and get out of there,he said,"No,just turn the bike off and sit there,they'll go around you."That's what they did...they would walk along,get an "oh shit" look on their face and slid left or right.I grew up around cattle,but it was more than a little scary to be in the middle of a five hundred to seven hundred head herd of cattle sitting on a motorcycle.

And the massive mine field of cow paddys wasn't much fun either,especially when they hit the exhaust.

I've been lucky enough to ride all of their Top 10. The few that I can't see being on it are :

#3) Back of the Dragon - crap road surface, lots of gravel and not all that twisty. Nothing like the Dragon itself at all.

#4) 555 - I think there's better rides in Ohio, someone should promote them a bit more

#8) Rip - was kinda crowded the two time i've been on it

Roads that should make it:

Colorado 141 - best canyon road in the US. No traffic whatsoever

Colorado 82 - Twin Lakes to \Aspen, can be crowded at times though

Hell's Canyon - Oxbow, OR

Idaho 93 - South of North Fork

And shitloads more. But they;re mostly in out of the way places that the magazine guys either never go to or don't write about for some reason.

• Upvote 2