Columbia Gas executive reaction to record lows

Casper

I had shorts and flip flops on this past weekend.... Yall need to pack up and head out!

I had shorts and flip flops on when I took the garbage out last night. Thought to myself it wasent that bad in the garage so I opened the door. Figured I was already cold so would push the garbage out to the end of the road. 

• Upvote 1

Next house and possibly this house if we stay much longer will have a pellet stove, if geothermal isn't in the house, or we don't build and have Geo.  Pellet stove will be the main heating for the garage too if we bouild, both pole barn and attached.  Things are well worth the $.

A buddy of mine has one and also has a nest to track furnace usage. 90% of the days this winter he uses 0 heat from his furnace. Was a large initial investment but looks like it will pay off in the long run. So far yesterday was the most usage he has seen which was 3 hours.

Edited by Jester_

Natural gas has been on a steady decline over the past 8 months I believe. I haven't looked at any of my usual stuff due to being locked in a contract and not needing it

We like to burn our gas fireplace in the family room allot, and our gas prices have actually been pretty good all things considered. :)

Odd. I was asking if it's electric heat?

no they are gas(or in my case LP) but they zone heat ive got one 35,000btu in the main part of the house and a 20,000btu one on the kitchen side. They only heat the areas you want so like the laundry, pantry, closets, and bath rooms we keep the doors closed. The biggest draw back is you have to keep all doors open to the rooms you want heated like the bed rooms, the biggest advantage is they work even when the power is out. They are termostat controled and have built in optional fans

Here is what i have .... http://www.factorybuysdirect.com/procom-reconditioned-dual-fuel-vent-free-infrared-heater-30-000-btu-model-md5tpf/?gclid=CNmX3o_L7rsCFecRMwodgzQACA

and.... http://www.factorybuysdirect.com/procom-reconditioned-dual-fuel-vent-free-infrared-heater-20-000-btu-model-md3tpf/

One i have mounted in front of my fire place(used a couple boards to hang it there) in the living room the other is in the hallway wall off the kitchen

Edited by 2talltim

I used to use 2 1/2 tanks(1000 gallons) of LP just a bout every year running my furnace and cooking stove, last year i used just over 1/2(maybe 2/3) a tank maybe 300ish gallons using just the ventless and cooking.

Edited by 2talltim

no they are gas(or in my case LP) but they zone heat ive got one 35,000btu in the main part of the house and a 20,000btu one on the kitchen side. They only heat the areas you want so like the laundry, pantry, closets, and bath rooms we keep the doors closed. The biggest draw back is you have to keep all doors open to the rooms you want heated like the bed rooms, the biggest advantage is they work even when the power is out. They are termostat controled and have built in optional fans

Here is what i have .... http://www.factorybuysdirect.com/procom-reconditioned-dual-fuel-vent-free-infrared-heater-30-000-btu-model-md5tpf/?gclid=CNmX3o_L7rsCFecRMwodgzQACA

and.... http://www.factorybuysdirect.com/procom-reconditioned-dual-fuel-vent-free-infrared-heater-20-000-btu-model-md3tpf/

One i have mounted in front of my fire place(used a couple boards to hang it there) in the living room the other is in the hallway wall off the kitchen

Do these trip carbon monoxide detectors?

I just put a similar heater at my business for supplemental heat during this cold snap.

I have a wood burning stove with a water container on top of the stove. Heat the stove which heats the water in the 40 gallon water drum on top of the stove. The water stays warm for hours after the fire in the stove goes out.... The stove is in the basement and the heat rises through the floors. My heater has kicked in twice that I know if since Thursday night.... Best thing ever. I've gone through about a half a chord of wood in the last week though. I will be needing to get a hold of a couple people that want some trees removed this summer.