Harbor Freight Lift - $299

ScubaCinci

This goes on sale periodically apparently and I saw it posted elsewhere...I don't have one but have been thinking about getting one for awhile. I need to move into the new house first and see how much room I'll have.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892-8495.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=0214b&utm_source=1020

At 299 It was worth the price of admission for me. At 699 I would not even consider it. As far as storing it. I stand it up on its side and lean it against the wall or just park one of the bikes on it. It rolls rather easy with the Super Hawk. 850 pounds of Gold Wing not so easy.

It is rated for 1000 lbs capacity so if your Goldwing is less then it should. They're pretty sturdy.

With all the bikes I work on, this was one of my better garage/tool investments. It pretty much has a bike on it being worked on at all times, and if not I just park one there.

Will it work with a Goldwing?

http://www.jmartino.me/goldwing/lift/index.htm

Yes it will work but but not as easy as a smaller bike. This guy spells out some of the problems you will have. The worst is that you can't put the kickstand down. Also there is limited space to put your feet down. If you get off balance a little bad things can happen. The best option would be a drive in wheel chock. Also I don't like his use of a ramp but you need some thing for safety. Scroll through these pics and you can see what some people have done.....https://www.google.com/search?q=harbor+freight+motorcycle+lift+modifications&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=2yDRUs-MHenjsATu54CQDA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672&dpr=2

I had a set of HF metal ramps and made brackets that I can just slide them off and on as needed. Modding the platform to accept the kickstand won't take much. I just have not done it yet. With the outrigger platforms and mod for the kickstand riding it up and parking it would be a snap. I would not even think of walking it up. It is also not very stable till you insert the lock bar and let it down. Also do not trust that POS wheel clamp to hold the bike upright. Throw a couple tie downs on for safety sake.

I need to move into the new house first and see how much room I'll have.

Wasn't it like forty bazillion square feet, or something like that??

;)

Get the lift.   Mines worked great for years.  I initially wanted the more expensive version which they used to offer because it could accommodate their "wings" to make it wider for ATVs and mowers.   Instead I use a sheet of plywood at 48" wide and cut the length to match the lift (about 7', IIRC).  Four 3/8" bolts (one near each corner) keeps it secured, and is easily removable to make the lift narrow again.  Best bike money I've ever spent.   With your ATV plow, it also makes it easier to work on the quad, like to mount and unmount the plow mount (huh??).  I drilled holes to accommodate my pop chock, and never used the crank tire holder which they include.   Storage:  Just put a bike up on it in the garage.  This thing is heavy.  I thought about tilting it on its side and leaning against the garage wall, like someone mentioned, but that would only save a foot or so.  I view  it as a better use of space to store a bike on it. 

Wasn't it like forty bazillion square feet, or something like that??

;)

Something like that :)

I'll get it eventually...I have enough stuff to move and buy right now as it is. I'm told it goes on sale a few times a year and you can use a coupon with it on top of the sale price.