Who wants to go west?

2talltim

Last July i got a taste of Colorado and S.D. and i REALLY want to get back with more time. Would like to take 2 weeks and hit many more points of interest including. Rocky Mountain N.P., Mount Evans, Pikes Peak, Million Dollar Hiway, Arches N.P.,Natural Bridges N.P., Canyonlands N.P., Monument Valley N.P.and everything in between and near by.. Then maybe head up to The Black Hills area to finish out the trip for a few days. I'm not opposed to riding out but not not really a fan of riding across the plains, would like to trailer to the Denver area park the truck and hit the road from there. Don't care to do i Iron Butt, not in it to making good time, just want to see as much as possible and enjoy the sights and sounds along the way. No camping not that im against it but after being on the road all day a dry bed and warm shower are a must. Would anyone be interested in such a trip with me? Don't really have a time frame or any idea of a set itinerary just a thought for now, but would almost have to be in July or August. Dont matter if its this year or next, but i do want to do it again. 

post-13234-0-33658400-1390164513_thumb.j

post-13234-0-03677100-1390164585_thumb.j

post-13234-0-09291400-1390164618_thumb.j

post-13234-0-08003300-1390164647_thumb.j

post-13234-0-09911300-1390164769_thumb.j

post-13234-0-08395700-1390164816_thumb.j

post-13234-0-92887700-1390165923_thumb.j

Edited by 2talltim

I do a ride to Colorado, Utah and Arizona 2-3 times per year - let me know if you wanna come along on one of them.

From one of last year's rides:  http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/103240-taking-the-irish-westward/

Would love to man if my schedule can line up, and i if can keep up with you seasoned road warriors. Any idea when your next one will be other than the Iron Butt, the IB just dosnt sound like my kind of gig.

Would love to man if my schedule can line up, and i if can keep up with you seasoned road warriors. Any idea when your next one will be other than the Iron Butt, the IB just dosnt sound like my kind of gig.

I do one around 4th of July and another in late August or early September. And can always wiggle another one in there if need be. Just let me know when you might be able to do 9-10 days on the road and we'll set one up.

I do one around 4th of July and another in late August or early September. And can always wiggle another one in there if need be. Just let me know when you might be able to do 9-10 days on the road and we'll set one up.

I usually try to stay away from asking for vacation around the holidays but the late August thing is a possibility. I've already put in for my priority weeks but my non priority weeks can not be approved till after may 1st, and that's what i would be using. So keep me updated on any plans you or others in your group want to put together, ill just try and jump in if i can, i don't want to plan around me then something happen where i cant get the time.

, ill just try and jump in if i can, i don't want to plan around me then something happen where i cant get the time.

This is pretty much the case with every trip. People have lives and stuff changes.

I'll keep ya posted on any planned dates as soon as they are finalized.

Last minute trips are always fun too - let me know if you can get away at any time and maybe we can get a trip in.

I just found out they cap out comp time at 100 hours. I average 10 hour days at work, so 100 comes up pretty quickly.

I would want to ride the whole way and camp though... Camp sites have hot showers, and an air mattress makes a tent quite comfy, in my experience.

I want to go to the Black Hills real bad. I love going down to Deals Gap area but with unable to make the big trip this year, it got me thinking of other destinations on the bucket list. Problem is with the time I'd like to be gone, 2016 is likely the soonest I can plan for  :(

Edited by Bad324

Id really like to take the wife out and share everything with her but every time I bring it up she talks about driving the car out with the whole famn damily. My boy was with me last time and I really don't think my daughter would appreciate it. And I really would rather be on the bikes but the wife isn't good for much more than a couple hundred miles a day on hers.

Edited by 2talltim

Id really like to take the wife out and share everything with her but every time I bring it up she talks about driving the car out with the whole famn damily. My boy was with me last time and I really don't think my daughter would appreciate it. And I really would rather be on the bikes but the wife isn't good for much more than a couple hundred miles a day on hers.

Trailer to Denver and then get on the bikes there. I did that with my wife once and it worked out pretty well.

Can't say I was missing the bike ride as I drove across Kansas in air conditioned comfort, sipping on a pop and listening to tunes.

Trailer to Denver and then get on the bikes there. I did that with my wife once and it worked out pretty well.

Can't say I was missing the bike ride as I drove across Kansas in air conditioned comfort, sipping on a pop and listening to tunes.

Yup that's the only way she would do it. But her vacation time is a big question mark at this point too.

Riding the Rockies makes the Smokeys seem like nothing but a few small hills.  Wyoming is outstanding as is Colorado, imho.  I want to ride out to Idaho this summer but time and money look to be a bit scarce for that.  We took 16 days, out to Salt Lake City and back, all 2 lanes.  It leaves you wanting for more.....

Too many roads and not enough time to ride them all..........

Haha, you can't talk either..lol.. it will be going to the gap in June in tow.

I did that for Hoblick, he knew I was not keen on it either. That big girl does not like trailers, she wants to stretch her legs out and get you speeding tickets. :)

I did that for Hoblick, he knew I was not keen on it either. That big girl does not like trailers, she wants to stretch her legs out and get you speeding tickets. :)

I do it also for the camaraderie of the Brotherhood... also as Sunday morning hangover insurance ;)

• Upvote 1

Save the "He-Man Trailer Haters Club" for the Gap Thread :p

• Upvote 1