Midohio

rusty

Summit is a little under 5 1/2 hours from me.  Nelson is 4 hours, PIRC is about 4 1/2 hours.  I'll have to check those tracks out and their schedules.  I know nothing about them.

Welcome to another CBRer. I have ridden Mid-O, PIRC and Nelson. All are fun, but Mid-O is a step or two above. I rode in novice and they have a great program at Mid-O. If you go, post up your date(s) and we'll look for you. They do offer a lot of dates, but as noted at other times, most are weekdays. It will be fun no matter where you go!

• Upvote 1

Is Mid-Ohio pretty beginner friendly?  I plan on doing some track days there this year and I don't really know what to expect.  From the sounds of it I will stay busy.  I'm assuming I'll just have time to ride, park the bike and put tire warmers on, then go to a class room, then do the same thing over and over again.  Is that about right?

7x20 minutes sessions.if you plan ride in novice you have class after every session,where we explain what you going work on the next session.riders are brake to groups depends on experience.after the class you have 20 minutes to rest before you go back ride.from 12pm- 1pm is free lunch.last 3 sessions we let you go on your own,there is still instructors on track to see if anybody need help .passing is allowed only on straights.

• Upvote 1

7x20 minutes sessions.if you plan ride in novice you have class after every session,where we explain what you going work on the next session.riders are brake to groups depends on experience.after the class you have 20 minutes to rest before you go back ride.from 12pm- 1pm is free lunch.last 3 sessions we let you go on your own,there is still instructors on track to see if anybody need help .passing is allowed only on straights.

Thank you. I have never done a track day so I think novice is the way to go. If I show up and someone tells me to move up next time then wonderful. If not then that is fine to. I just want to learn, have some fun, and be able to drive home afterwards. So will I have time to plug the tire warmers in between the track and the class?

Edited by lowcel

Thank you. I have never done a track day so I think novice is the way to go. If I show up and someone tells me to move up next time then wonderful. If not then that is fine to. I just want to learn, have some fun, and be able to drive home afterwards. So will I have time to plug the tire warmers in between the track and the class?

Yes, there is time to plug in and grab water and walk down to the class.

• Upvote 1

No problem. There are plenty of us on here that have logged many days so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Next question, is there usually someone there to set up suspension? If so have a guesstimate on price? The previous owner of my bike wasn't nearly as fat as me so it will need some changes made.

• Downvote 1

Thank you.

Next question, is there usually someone there to set up suspension? If so have a guesstimate on price? The previous owner of my bike wasn't nearly as fat as me so it will need some changes made.

Yes we have MJC Motorsport Crew assist at every track day.i think they charge $ 40 for suspension setup.

I'm trying to decide on the first track day to sign up for.  What is the weather generally like in that area around the middle of April?  The way things are going right now I'm thinking there could be a foot or two of snow.

Edited by lowcel

I'm trying to decide on the first track day to sign up for.  What is the weather generally like in that area around the middle of April?  The way things are going right now I'm thinking there could be a foot or two of snow.

Haha, with this winter, Idk. I know I was commuting at that time but I wasn't too comfortable yet.

Best bet ,check weather couple weeks before you want go ,and call or check midohio website for availability .if is nice first 2 days will be sold out,everybody want ride after long winter.after that ,Monday's are more busy then Tuesdays.if you never ride at track don't sign up for twilight,it's for experience intermediate and advance riders only.if you not in pace we can send you home without refund.

Best bet ,check weather couple weeks before you want go ,and call or check midohio website for availability .if is nice first 2 days will be sold out,everybody want ride after long winter.after that ,Monday's are more busy then Tuesdays.if you never ride at track don't sign up for twilight,it's for experience intermediate and advance riders only.if you not in pace we can send you home without refund.

Thanks.  I saw on the web page that it was for intermediate and advanced with at least three intermediate track days so I have no intentions on signing up for twilight.

July is normally Hot and dry.

That sounds pretty darn good right now.  I am heading to the dragon with a group (ZX6R.com forum) in August for a week.  That should be a bit toasty as well.

Is Mid-Ohio pretty beginner friendly? I plan on doing some track days there this year and I don't really know what to expect. From the sounds of it I will stay busy. I'm assuming I'll just have time to ride, park the bike and put tire warmers on, then go to a class room, then do the same thing over and over again. Is that about right?

Their school is very beginner friendly. The track itself is far from the simplest to learn and ride though.

Couple blind exits due to the elevation, 6th gear straight, "loose" track until it's warmed up... There are easier and cheaper options.