Midohio

rusty

Its my first time at Mid Ohio so I am novice and the 300 is not as fast in the straight as the 600+ bikes.

However, I am looking forward to the learning experience.

Coolio. I'll buddy up with you then. Lol I'll probably be as slow as the 300.

Snot and hellmutt, lowcel, blue, Rusty, twisted, wow.

Anyone else going on the 18th?

Well I'll plan for the 18th then. If I buy the gift certificate, I can call and register for a sooner one if need be?

I really wanna go. Anyone got extra trailer space coming from Dayton?

I plan to be there as well but my work schedule is kind of weird so I can't hard commit until a later date. I have an enclosed car trailer and a quad cab dually and you're more than welcome to ride up with me if I do get to go.

• Upvote 1

Looks like the 18th is the day to be there.  I'm thinking of hitting the twilight on the following weekend as well.

Is there a deposit to nab garage space in the pits, or is it free? Are they even available with it being AMA weekend eve? I've surfed their site and didn't find anything about it.

I think there is a $50 rental fee for a garage and electric, can't find it on the website to verify the price. Not sure how it works with the race following.

I think there is a $50 rental fee for a garage and electric, can't find it on the website to verify the price. Not sure how it works with the race following.

Thanx, will email MidO and see what their answer is. Garage isn't a must, but the in-house electric/air is always a nice convenience instead of needing to drag out the gen or inverter

The fastest it went on the straight at Putnam was 92 before I had to brake. It should hit 110, I am working on upgrades.

don't.  You can buy stuff to make it more crash-worthy, but otherwise I wouldn't spend a lot on upgrading an EX300 when you can buy a used 600 for about the same price as the 300 + upgrades, and the 600 will be a LOT faster.

Enjoy that 300 for what it is.  By all accounts, they are awesome bikes, just not that powerful.  That's okay.     

I've got to take my bike out for a "test ride" soon to make sure everything works properly. It would suck to get to the track and figure out it will barely run. Going to have to find a deserted road or big empty parking lot some place.

don't.  You can buy stuff to make it more crash-worthy, but otherwise I wouldn't spend a lot on upgrading an EX300 when you can buy a used 600 for about the same price as the 300 + upgrades, and the 600 will be a LOT faster.

Enjoy that 300 for what it is.  By all accounts, they are awesome bikes, just not that powerful.  That's okay.

Also one of the reasons I picked the 300 is because I make MT look tall ;). Of course I don't need to touch real well at the track.

I know a lot of riders race the 250s and now 300s.

Also one of the reasons I picked the 300 is because I make MT look tall ;). Of course I don't need to touch real well at the track.

I know a lot of riders race the 250s and now 300s.

What is really going to suck is when you pass me on your 300.  :(