12 rotor motor. mother of god.....zmog

Gixxus Christ!

980 lbs? Did I read that wrong?

For the power boat application, this seems great, but I question its viability in a super car application, as the article suggested.

Still pretty amazing engineering. Read the comments for some typical Internet drama.

980 lbs? Did I read that wrong?

For the power boat application, this seems great, but I question its viability in a super car application, as the article suggested.

I don't imagine they'd put the full 12 rotor engine in a super car. They mentioned scaling it down, probably to a 8 or 6 rotor? Weight would be a lot less, and based off their numbers still capable of some really high hp numbers.

I don't imagine they'd put the full 12 rotor engine in a super car. They mentioned scaling it down, probably to a 8 or 6 rotor? Weight would be a lot less, and based off their numbers still capable of some really high hp numbers.

There was a car with a 6 rotor the rx7 not what I would call powerful

That literally crossed the RX8 off my list of vehicles I would consider some day. 20 mpg from a 1.3 liter.

I've often heard that the 1.3L rotary motors are more like a 2.6L as far as power and gas mileage. Not sure how true that is.

loved my rx-8 232 hp stock.. really fun to drive.. wasn't fast in the striaight lines.. but handled really well 50/50 weight dist. got about 23-26mpg and used very little oil.. never had problem one. it wasnt my daily though

gallery_704_480_1369457342_9990.jpg

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

The 1993 fd-rx7 had a 3 rotor, if memory serves right. A friend of mine had one in HS.

No 3 rotor Mazda's ever came to the US. The 12 and then the 13 series motors were all 2 rotors. The RX7 is like a 16 year old dating a supermodel. She looks SOOO good, but you have to put the maintenance time in, you can't just fuck her all the time, like you want to.

They aren't for everyone. Change the plugs every 1500 miles, along with the oil. Plugs are $8 each. 

• Upvote 1