Anyone know anyone or have any pull in Ricart Service?

madcat6183

I don't want to bore anyone who doesn't want to read a whole shit load of details but basically as of now we have had an epic shitty experience with Ricart Service.  Please don't tell me I should have known, I know this already, BUT I had AWESOME experience with them and my 6.0 when my injectors randomly went south 1500 miles before 100K warranty expired.  100.00 out of pocket for over $1,500.00 worth of work.

However today was not the same case and I want to see if anyone has any names or contacts up the chain of command before going in tomorrow in case I need to name drop to get some issues resolved.

PM or post here if you would, and in case you are super bored please see this;  http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-4l-discussion/671890-easycare-extended-warranty-ricart-service-oh.html

Thanks,

John

Thanks all, the link we actually quoted something similar which they actually had posted in their own waiting room.  In the end 250 of unauthorized repairs became 99.98, which I was fine with.  Dealt with Brad who is the manager of the service techs, not so much the advisors.  We met in an office and he actually made that offer, we were very happy with the outcome.  In my eyes although proper protocal was not followed they did remedy the problem.  He also told me when it's time for the pinion seal we will make sure it and the gasket are covered under the warranty as I was told it would be, and that a loaner would be ready so I didn't have to miss work.

Sometimes during extended warranty work communication can be lost.

Service advisor could've told tech, that warranty company would cover it and just to do it

Plus funny things happen in shops from November through March. Most of January and February techs are starving for hours.

I remember one week at the bmw dealer, on Monday I came in had one car, a oil change, and no work scheduled the rest of the day and I told my service manager to find work or I was going home to sleep and to call me if any came in. He said go home and I was fired. I ended up sleeping in the tool room from 9am until 5pm. The rest of the week went very similar, I think I had 8 hours of pay that week and was living pay check to pay check at that time. Moral of the story. Being an auto tech sucks.

Sometimes during extended warranty work communication can be lost.

Service advisor could've told tech, that warranty company would cover it and just to do it

Plus funny things happen in shops from November through March. Most of January and February techs are starving for hours.

I remember one week at the bmw dealer, on Monday I came in had one car, a oil change, and no work scheduled the rest of the day and I told my service manager to find work or I was going home to sleep and to call me if any came in. He said go home and I was fired. I ended up sleeping in the tool room from 9am until 5pm. The rest of the week went very similar, I think I had 8 hours of pay that week and was living pay check to pay check at that time. Moral of the story. Being an auto tech sucks.

Starving for hours would be putting it nicely!  I won't recommend anything that's not needed, though.