Roush Motorsports Medina

Tonik

Oh man am I pissed.  Picked my bike up after winter storage and an oil change.  They left it a quart low and put 15W 50 in it. It calls for 10W 40 of course. Unbelievable. Used them just because it was there for storage and figured for a few bucks extra the oil would be done and I wouldn't have to mess with it. They are lucky they are closed today, I might calm down a little before Monday when I call them.

Edited by Tonik

They are good for new bike sales, being a volume dealer. Used bikes and service are shitty.

If I had to have a dealer service my bike it would be all seasons in Wooster. They are top rate with customer service and have some good guys in the back.

Whaler, Tonik,

So what you are saying...is go through the bike completely, even if you purchase a new bike from them (pre 500 mile service)?

I ask because I have been considering a few deals Roush has posted online (new purchase).

No deal is worth bad set up!

Honda East in Maumee, and a few others, has similar deals available...same distance for me to travel, and it would seem, better reviews...Wooster has been an option too, more expensive pricing though.

Based on this experience, the only one I have had there, yes if you buy from them go over the bike with a fine toothed comb. This is only one event....but damn its was just an oil change and they f'd it up. I'm not going to let them fix it, going to do it myself. I hope they man up and give me the oil, filter and crush washers.

Based on this experience, the only one I have had there, yes if you buy from them go over the bike with a fine toothed comb. This is only one event....but damn its was just an oil change and they f'd it up. I'm not going to let them fix it, going to do it myself. I hope they man up and give me the oil, filter and crush washers.

Sorry to hear about this simple mishap. If you are looking for a quality service department, come check us out. We have 3 Honda Redline Techs and a Harley certified tech. Between the 4 of them they are certified in most makes and models. BMW, Honda, Yamaha....you name it, we work on it. We also work on bikes that are over 10 years old, where most shops won't. If you get the chance, stop in for your next service and ask for Conor Maguire (me) and you'll see why there's no other shop in central Ohio that has a better service department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

They didn't even do the 600 mi service on the 650. Even though I paid 120$ for it. Then rick bribed me off with a $100 gift card to take the bad review down from google. Never will use them again new, used, parts or service.

Well, it's going to get interesting now.  Roush saw my google review, just left a voice mail for me.  I never contacted them, just decided I didn't want them touching my bike again so I would just eat the costs and bought a filter and oil myself. Was planning on doing it this weekend.

I now have a moral conundrum. You just know he is going to try and bribe me to remove the review. If I do that then the next person like me won't know they suck. But if I turn down his offer I am leaving money on the table. What would Mags do I wonder.

To play devil's advocate, there's also value in making things right, and this social media thing is still a new phenomenon for small-to-medium sized businesses.  Customers now talk to each other online and not just the store parking lot, biker bar or garage, so maybe don't judge them so harshly yet.  It's not like they stole a 4-wheeler or anything.

Full refund and a 50 gift certificate and tons of apologies. He also offered to have a truck come up and get the bike, make it right and bring it back to me. I declined that since I already have everything to change the oil and don't want a mechanic that just got his ass chewed out working on my bike. No mention at all of me changing the review. I will update though to reflect the fact that they saw the review, hunted me down and made it right. He certainly earned that.

That's fair. An updated review keeps the warning out there but shows mgmt willing to make it right. That's good customer svc. Now the real question is will he make changes to operations or keep having to "make it right". Some times you just want them to do it right the first time.

From this thread, it sounds like they fuck up a bunch and then use the cost savings to pay off those who actually catch it. Granted its only 2 reports, but the jobs were dead nuts simple (oil change and 600 mile service). Reminds me of Jiffy Lube.

• 1 month later...