Pot smoking hippies pwned!!

Tonik

Shall not be infringed.

I have changed my opinion on this since posting. No other right istaken away when you screw up for life except this one. If I scream fire in a crowded theater I go to jail but retain my right to free speech. Yet for screaming fire I would lose my right to own a gun.

• Upvote 2

I had my firearm seized by DPS. I then had it released back to me while currently holding a medical card... Not sure how valid this article is, but dps handed me a firearm while I posses a card so I'm not worried. Plus no need for a permit here, and no registration either. I'm not sweating it. Hippie out.

Edited by Steve Butters
  • Upvote 2

Shall not be infringed.

I have changed my opinion on this since posting.

I am sincerely provoked to rethink my own opinion as well. How did you get past the concern over impaired armament? Was it the constitutional slippery slope that won your opinion? Does the comparison with alcohol help? Or prescription narcotics?

I am sincerely provoked to rethink my own opinion as well. How did you get past the concern over impaired armament? Was it the constitutional slippery slope that won your opinion? Does the comparison with alcohol help? Or prescription narcotics?

Well, I am going to go out on a limb and say it is illegal in medical pot states to carry a weapon while stoned. It certainly is in Ohio. It is also illegal to drive a car while stoned. Cars kill shitloads of people, stoned and drunk people kill shitloads of people with their car. We do not take their car away from them until AFTER they kill someone or after they are caught driving impaired and even then not until they do it a few dozen times. I am unaware of any State that revokes a drivers license of people that are on medical pot. We should not treat guns any differently. And what is amazing is we treat driving as a privilege, one we can take away in a heartbeat. Owning a gun is a RIGHT, in our Constitution plain as day.

Try this crazy scenario on. It came to me as I was talking to someone else about this same subject.

A woman waiting for an abortion in an abortion clinic yells fire.  In the ensuing stampede another woman also waiting for an abortion is trampled to death. The woman who yelled gets hit with two murder charges even though the baby was about to be killed anyway. After she servers her time she can still get abortions, still has free speech. But can't own a gun, even though no gun was involved.

While that might be a tad far fetched the bottom line is I am not in favor of taking away a right unless you abuse that specific right or it is closely related in some way.

Now, if you beat the hell out of someone you have demonstrated a pattern of violence. Now I am fine in gun restrictions in that case. They are related.