Bring on the Riding Season!

dpgasser

I know what dirty carbs do, this isn't that. If I put the petcock on prime it does it less. Ethanol in gasoline is bad for rubber stuff. I'll try the sea foam because it's less work but I'm pretty sure it's the petcock.

The nice thing is that petcocks are relatively cheap to repair or replace. If the Seafoam doesn't help, check the petcock screen if it has one. If it's a vacuum type, check the nipple and it's seal, as well as the suction line. It may not be opening completely when the bike's on.

First thing I checked after kinked fuel line was vacuum line, everything looks good. Diaphragm is probably shot...that or I have a float sticking shut in my carbs..or a piece of debris blocking the little screen on the inlet...it is such a huge pain to get those carbs off tho, it's a horrible design. The air box can't be removed with the carbs on, so you need one person to pull it back out of the way while you pull the carbs halfway out the side of the bike, then disconnect the throttle cables, then pull them out. Nothing is where you want it and everything is in the way.

My CB700SC's carbs are a bitch to remove as well, so I feel your pain. Can you replicate the problem in the garage? If so, do you have an aux fuel supply to eliminate the tank and petcock from the problem?

Yeah I made my own aux fuel cell out of an aluminum jagermeister flask, did a write up on it on here last summer. When it happens while riding I can only get all the barrels firing at large throttle openings, and this is only after a long period of big throttle to drain the bowls down. so my guess is the fuel level is below the idle and slow jets. Ordered a petcock rebuild kit, it's $25 and only takes me about 15 minutes. Will also replace the fuel and vacuum lines, probably needs done anyway.