Box truck access anyone - $$/Fuel/Beer

madcat6183

Our house is in contract and going to be looking to move within the next 35 days, with that said when did Uhaul and Budget truck rentals get so outrageous or am I missing something in their price quotes?  They all want at least $.74 a mile and it's a 50 mile round trip needing probably 2-3 trips maybe 4 at most, so even Uhauls $35.00 rental a day turns out to something more like $200.00 since their mileage is the most but rental is the least.

With that said, anyone have access to a box truck?  I know my friend has access to a reefer but it's super high and you have to use a lift gate, so I'd prefer something with ramp or more at a normal level.  If it's not the biggest that's fine, just more trips, but again, that's fine.

Would be looking for early to mid April and would like to be able to "rent" it for a weekend or back to back weekends depending.  Also if we go into contract on the house we want/made offer on today we can't move in until June 1 as they will be there through the school year, so would like to then rent it again at a later date.

My offer is pretty simple, I'd be willing to pay per day we use it, skip the mileage but will obviously fill it up with fuel, and buy you a case of beer. 

I would imagine Bowdog has 1 or 6 or at least knows someone with some so I will text him if he doesn't respond.

I live in Groveport now, moving to Hilliard, but am willing to pickup anywhere 270 and inside to make it worth it.

Thanks!  419-six one zero-5666

Storage places have trucks they let you use for free when you rent a unit. The last two times I moved I just rented a small unit for one month to get the truck free lol. Way cheaper than uhaul. Rent a $29.99 storage unit and get free use of truck ;)

• Upvote 2

Storage places have trucks they let you use for free when you rent a unit. The last two times I moved I just rented a small unit for one month to get the truck free lol. Way cheaper than uhaul. Rent a $29.99 storage unit and get free use of truck ;)

I owe you spaghetti, good thinking, plus we probably will need a unit or 2 anyways.  Good thinking.

LOL yup! I have a 35' box truck you can use brother, only thing is it does have a lift gate but I also have the ramp if you would rather just wheel stuff up and down. Let me know, its yours to borrow no charge just fill it with the same amount of fuel that it had when you picked up.

• Upvote 1

LOL yup! I have a 35' box truck you can use brother, only thing is it does have a lift gate but I also have the ramp if you would rather just wheel stuff up and down. Let me know, its yours to borrow no charge just fill it with the same amount of fuel that it had when you picked up.

You still have same #?  If not text me, if so THANKS, I will be in touch, if you wouldn't mind tossing the ramp in too, just in case I would appreciate it.  Lift will actually be better for the furniture obviously. 

Thanks a ton man, I knew you'd be the man.

Oh actually, I need to talk to you about drywalling the garage.  I wanted to insulate it and drywall it before we 100% move in.  We can chat on that one if you'd be ineterested via phone.

I was gonna say the same thing. Cheap bastards think alike.