T-shirt Request Thread - Spring Epic Ride 2014

DerekClouser

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very bad news....and unfortunately this has nothing to do me but the place we were going to do the t-shirts.  I placed the order on Monday with no problems.  Had already cleared the logo with the shirt designer and he was understanding at the time.  Today I received an email and a few text messages from my contact at the t-shirt shop saying they couldn't do the logo that I had requested.   

They listed a place to try and contacted them and the price was $50.00 to create the logo and $18.00 a t-shirt which is far too expensive.  

Therefore, as soon as they refund the money to my account for being unable to process the request, I will refund everyone who paid via PayPal and for the few that paid in cash, I will meet up with you and refund the money.  Send me a PM if you don't wish to get refunded through paypal, and I'll give you cash at the Epic Ride.

While this isn't my fault, I do apologize to everyone expecting a t-shirt.  I am equally as disappointed with this as I'm sure some of you are.

I've attached the pictures of the two conversations I had with him. 

Email - Tshirts not possible

Text - Tshirts not possible

Edit: They said the refund should take less than 5 business days. 
Edited by DerekClouser

I think my friend said he would need 10 days to fill an order. I'd have to look to see what he said his pricing was. I know I sent him the design and he didn't say it would be a problem. He runs his own print business.

Find out quickly. :)

We still have an option that we are working out now. Brian (whaler) may have someone who will be able to get this done for us. He's verifying pricing and should hopefully have an answer today. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as possible. 

I've redone the logo to be far more basic to see if they are able to use the new logo. Also have a friend looking into one other option. I apologize for jumping the gun on the refund, I just wanted to be forthcoming with everything as soon as I found out so those who paid don't think I'm trying to scam them or anything. 

Edit: The new basic logo

Epic Ride Logo - 2nd option

Edited by DerekClouser

I've redone the logo to be far more basic to see if they are able to use the new logo. Also have a friend looking into one other option. I apologize for jumping the gun on the refund, I just wanted to be forthcoming with everything as soon as I found out so those who paid don't think I'm trying to scam them or anything. 

Edit: The new basic logo

You'll want more spacing between the letters. FYI.

• Upvote 1

If the image is vectored, it shouldn't really matter, but then again that's coming from a graphics background and not a printing background....

I'm assuming you're saying this from previous experience??

very true, plus basic black/white design like the one u just did always comes out good and look clean and professional and can go with any color shirt

So it appears that we still are a go on t-shirts. I've spoken several times with different tshirt places and removed the rider from the design. Still on the fence of whether we are going to do the 3color design or standard black and white. Still waiting on price confirmation. 

Stay tuned. 

Okay, apologies to everyone. We have found another artist who can do what we need to do.  It is a bit more expensive but I will absorb that cost to get this done. Sorry for scaring everyone and look foward to seeing all of you in a 2 weeks. 

Great. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate the lengths you've gone to to make sure we have great mementos for the Epic Ride. How much more expensive per shirt is the cost? I wouldn't mind throwing a couple more bucks your way for your troubles. 

Great. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate the lengths you've gone to to make sure we have great mementos for the Epic Ride. How much more expensive per shirt is the cost? I wouldn't mind throwing a couple more bucks your way for your troubles. 

The shirts are now 10$ for S-XL  and +1.00 for each size above that. (3XL = 12.00). I'll absorb the extra cost but if anyone wants to cover the difference for their individual t-shirt is much appreciated. 

The shirts are now 10$ for S-XL  and +1.00 for each size above that. (3XL = 12.00). I'll absorb the extra cost but if anyone wants to cover the difference for their individual t-shirt is much appreciated. 

Derek:

Happy to chip in a few more dollars for the difference.  Would you prefer Paypal between now and the 17th, or some other method?

Derek:

Happy to chip in a few more dollars for the difference. Would you prefer Paypal between now and the 17th, or some other method?

PayPal is fine or you can just throw me some dollars at the event. Whichever is easier. PayPal is same. Derekclouser@gmail.com