Fresh from the west coast

Calinazaret

Hi, I'm Julie and I just moved out from California. I was 100% moto for a number of years out there (no car) and the idea of not being able to ride for months on end has not fully sunk in haha. I was a member of the Bay Area Riders Forum (BARF).

But I love Ohio so far, and love riding so "Ohio Riders" sounds like a good place to hang out.

jehege7u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice...we're not all like the people in gummo. Idk if anyone on the forum is even from xenia...

Thanks for the info! I'm about an hour due south of c-bus in the middle of nowhere lol. Going for a ride out if courthouse next weekend :-)

Go east. Hocking Hills. You'll love it. We have a trip to Deals Gap coming up in June. If you like drinking and telling lies (after riding of course), you'll have a blast. There's a thread about someone I'm sure can link you to. I'm on my phone.

Oh, and welcome aboard.

Well, based on some of the stuff on any of the MC forums around here, esp in the winter, prolly depends on what you consider 'drama'….

Guess some folks just seem to have more exciting lives than the average Joe.

Hey Julie it's Chris, glad you joined up! Hope you enjoy it!

Hey Chris! I'm glad you recommended the forum. I've been having a blast. I feel bad taking your bike but not really? You'll get to see her again I'm sure.

Hey Chris! I'm glad you recommended the forum. I've been having a blast. I feel bad taking your bike but not really? You'll get to see her again I'm sure.

So you bought Chris' bike. Sweet. 

Bay Area to B.F.E., Ohio. I have to ask, why?

Witness protection sounds like about the only reasonable rationale. ..

I heard you have really great coneys out here!

Welcome to to the Buckeye Julie. Culture shock for you I'm sure. You didn't happen to know freeohio on the barf board by chance?

BARF is pretty huge and I was lucky enough to meet quite a few but unfortunately no. And I like Ohio a lot more than I thought I would lol. I miss the beach, but the "small town" experience is wonderful. In the city you never see the same person twice. Here, I can't go anywhere without seeing 5 people I know.

I miss the beach, but the "small town" experience is wonderful. In the city you never see the same person twice. Here, I can't go anywhere without seeing 5 people I know.

I guess if it's a new development for a metropolis dweller, I could see how small town life would be appealing.....but growing up this way got old fast, couldn't get away with anything :D not to mention, sometimes you're in a hurry yet get stopped by several folks asking how you've been since last week :facepalm:

I guess if it's a new development for a metropolis dweller, I could see how small town life would be appealing.....but growing up this way got old fast, couldn't get away with anything :D not to mention, sometimes you're in a hurry yet get stopped by several folks asking how you've been since last week :facepalm:

Well the grass is always greener. But here, the grass -is- actually greener :-P

• Upvote 1