Want to learn Linux?

Casper

I ran Ubuntu on my laptop several years ago. It's pretty easy to figure out. I'm not sure why someone would need a course...

There's more to Linux than the GUI, and the majority of people coming from Windows will need a certain amount of hand holding.

This class exists just like "Learn Windows" classes exist.

I ran Ubuntu on my laptop several years ago. It's pretty easy to figure out. I'm not sure why someone would need a course...

Ubuntu is the single easiest Linux distro available for a normal user. It's what I switched my mom to when she couldn't stop getting viruses on her computer. There's so much more to Linux than just using the GUI, though. 

Linux is getting more and more popular. Pretty easy to use if you can un-learn Windows.

I presume you mean on the desktop.  On the server, it's an absolute boss and has been so for over a decade.  Most public and private companies have vast percentages of Red Hat, Suse, CentOS or similar distros running in their data centers.  Rock solid and performant.

If you have a public internet presence and you're not running it on Linux...you're doing it wrong. If you're a Network/Security engineer and you're running windows, you're doing it wrong.

Just my .02

Winner!

Ubuntu is the single easiest Linux distro available for a normal user. It's what I switched my mom to when she couldn't stop getting viruses on her computer. There's so much more to Linux than just using the GUI, though. 

+1  Even I can run it. I use it for my IDS at work.

I presume you mean on the desktop.  On the server, it's an absolute boss and has been so for over a decade.  Most public and private companies have vast percentages of Red Hat, Suse, CentOS or similar distros running in their data centers.  Rock solid and performant.

Correct