Far Down the Slippery Slope

Strictly Street

Well, as a devout and practicing hetero - and a card-carrying asshole - I don't remember advocating polygamy.  I don't have the financial resources or emotional energy for such a thing.

• Upvote 1

Are you referring to Mormons? Or do mean someone else?  I am not familiar with other groups that advocate polygamy.

the Mormons the the biggest group, but not all of them.  There have also been some other groups, I remember a story recently about a group in Texas, and then before that the Branch Dividians. My point is, these lesbian are not doing anything new or that other groups have not done. 

Well, as a devout and practicing hetero - and a card-carrying asshole - I don't remember advocating polygamy.  I don't have the financial resources or emotional energy for such a thing

Not all Assholes are into polygamy. I never said such a thing. 

It's not exactly a hot button issue for me, but in general I am not in favor of polygamy regardless of the number of innies or outies.  And no, not for religious reasons.

On the list of things I don't care for, I would rank polygamy, right between men who wear sandals and people who put clothes on dogs.

Edited by Tpoppa

It's not exactly a hot button issue for me, but in general I am not in favor of polygamy regardless of the number of innies or outies.  And no, not for religious reasons.

On the list of things I don't care for, I would rank polygamy, right between men who wear sandals and people who put clothes on dogs.

gallery_2734_79_1369457624_16922.jpg

:D

Edited by OsuMj
  • Upvote 1

I follow your point now.  But it's not like polygamy has widespread support and these 3 lesbians are being singled out.

You are right in generally polygamy is not supported. But had it been a guy with 2 women, at most it would be a blerp.  The fact that this makes good fodder for the people fighting marriage equality is the main point as to why this has gotten 95% of the media attention it has. 

• Upvote 1

Dog dressers annoy the shit out of me and I can't really expain why :)  I'm sure poor people in 3rd world countries that can barely afford clothes would appreciate that photo.

*shrug* its ok.

When I first got her, she was super scared all the time.  Wearing coats seemed to calm her down a bit.  Also, I bought that coat on clearance for $3 or $4.

Although, if putting clothing on your dog, especially when its cold, annoys you, you should probably also be annoyed by people who go out for $100 meals, buy new vehicles, own motorcycles for fun, or do anything that's financially unnecessary.

On the main topic, I'm pretty sure I'm with Casper on this one... consenting adults doing what they want, has no ill effect on me or those I care about. 

Edited by OsuMj

I'm sure poor people in 3rd world countries that can barely afford clothes would appreciate that photo.

If any of these nekkid people show up at my house I will give them my dogs clothes.

• Upvote 2

Divorce rates are higher for polygamists.  I'm sure that's not a surprise for anyone who is currently married or has gone through a divorce. 

Also, there seems to be pretty widespread welfare abuse among polygamists.  Using Utah as an example...the state recognizes 1 legal marraige, leaving the rest to claim they are single parents and collect welfare.  I wonder if Utah regognized more than 1 legal marriage, and effectively eliminated the welfare loophole, if there would be more or less polygamist marriages.

I don't really have a 'dog' in this fight, other than I don't like paying for welfare abuse.     

i'll wear my sandals where I like, you dog hating bastard

You have delicate, sexy feet so you get a free pass.  I am just not trying to look at any hairy caveman feet...put that shit in some shoes, bro.

Edited by Tpoppa

Well of course. If you have more than one wife it makes sense you will have more divorces.   :facepalm:

Imagine you and your wife trying to agree on something.  Now imagine trying to agree with 2 wives, who probably disagree with each other except for the part where they both blame you.  It would bring down braver men than you and I :)

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 2