Need to Find Someone Else With a Buell on Here...

JohnG

I've recently picked up an '03 XB9S and I really like it.  However, I really don't like the low seat.  My nuts get mashed against the front of the dip in the seat and I'm constantly pushing myself back and trying to sit up straighter to get comfortable.

I've found a guy on another forum that will sell me either a regular seat or a City X seat, I'm just not sure which one to get from him.  If there's anyone on here that has a bike like mine with a regular or City X seat I'd really appreciate it if I could meet up and try yours out and see how it feels.  I promise to shower off the ball sweat of the day before hand...

Anyone?

None of the stock Buell XB seats were exactly awesome. IMO, the standard seat is more comfortable than the CX seat. The CX seat is taller, but felt mushy...it was annoying on longer rides.

The Buell Select seat is pretty nice, Corbins are even better.  Sometimes they show up on fleabay.

btw, I rode about 50k on two Buell XB9S(x), most of that was on a Corbin 

gallery_3518_1178_1369457610_16604.jpg

Edited by Tpoppa

Thanks!  I've got a search set up on ebay, but a lot of whats on there now are seats that the sellers don't know what they go on.  Haven't seen a Corbin yet.

I did 30k on a factory xbR seat.

It wasn't bad. I always wore bicycle shorts (the kind with the maxi pad in the taint) for comfort and extra padding.

If I were to upgrade, however, ...Corbin.