Anybody build custom sheds/enclosures

Bad324

Enclosing my deck project last year didn't end up working out the way I wanted and was going to be too expensive. I am in dire need of a shed or box like structure to store my mower and a bunch of stuff from inside the garage. I have been trying to find a plastic one to fit under the deck but nothing that is short enough is large enough floor square footage. With everything going on at work and the wedding I don't have much free time to do it myself.

Anyone do this or know someone who would for decently cheap?

It does not need to be fancy or anything, just needs to be like 4'x4'x4' or so that it fits under my deck. Needs to be waterproof and open from the side so i can roll in the mower and possibly a snow blower

Edited by Bad324

We aren't doing a shed at the new house, we're doing this:  http://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/storage-buildings/resin-vinyl/stow-away-horizontal-storage-unit/p-1999995-c-9485.htm

I don't want to take away from any of the view of the lake from any angle so this will fit next to our deck, but still behind the house or fence so no one from the street will see it and it won't hinder any viewing of the lake.

On top of that, it's plenty wide for a mower, snow blower, and the fuel cans, plus trimmer, blower, etc.  I'm not opposed to having to fold down the mower and snow blower handle to get them to fit everytime if it means taking up less room.  Basically I just don't want any fumes, tanks, or engines besides the car, in the garage.  I am fine with small shovels and rakes etc.

Not sure if that's kind of what you're looking for, guessing you want something larger.  I have an 8x10 at my current home, and would NEVER get smaller than a 12x12 if I did it again.  The kits from HD and Lowes work fine for what they cost, I will say that.  But you can easily go take measurements and design one for less.  Mor work making the trusses but probably better quality. 

I actually looked at one of those yesterday and it's currently the only thing I've found that's close to what I want. Just wish it was double the floor size

Well hello. That just might do it, thought for whatever reason in my head it's hard to justify $400 on plastic

But at this point it would be step 1 of cleaning shit out of the garage to find a way to cram another car in there if I'm stuck in this house longer than I'd like

Edited by Bad324

This is the route I would take, way more bang for your buck even if you hired a guy to build it. Could be done cheaper than depicted. Especially if the windows, siding, and fancy doors were taken out of the plans.

http://panofish.net/building-a-shed-under-a-deck/

Basic plan is this, then finish with whatever exterior you'd like and a simple z-framed door. Depending on overall dimensions, you'd probably only have $400-$500 in materials :dunno:

z1_a_sketchup-shed.jpg

Ah, disregard. Skimmed the other posts too quickly and missed where you'd already tried this route. Carry on and glws ;)

Edited by Hellmutt

FWIW I looked at the slide roofs and the non slide roof ones I posted and someone else did, and there is a ton more space in the sliding roof ones.  I plan on going that route now when we move.  Jbot, you can fit a NORMAL rider in there, NOT a big 54" zero turn, but I think up to a 46" will fit.  Just check the interior specs.  But yeah, these things ARE legit.

I was at Lowe's not HD but same general idea.