I hate getting ripped off.

Tonik

Bought a zero loss pump for my shocks from Amazon. Great reviews on the product and the vendor. Got here...pumped up my shocks...then hit them with a gauge. The gauge on the pump is 10 pounds off. I check and double check and retest. 10 pounds off every time.  Contact the seller for a return and refund. I have to pay return freight and they will deduct the cost of the original freight to me.

So I am keeping it and beating the shit out of with a hammer tomorrow.

Just closed my Amazon account. If they allow sellers like this they can blow me.

http://chopperscycle.com/ is the direct link for the asshats.

Yea, I should have read the fine print ahead of time but I honestly had no idea that Amazon direct vs seller direct would carry different policies. Glad it was only 35 bucks.

I've seen lots of cheap funky gauges. Replace the gauge or recalibrate it. Even if it's just putting new markings on the gauge. I've not had problems with Amazon, but I am cautious about who and where the item is coming from.

Edited by ReconRat

I bought my pump at a bicycle shop was around $30 works great. A mechanic at local bike shop told me just keep in mind every time you double check the pressure with another gauge you are losing 3-4 psi more if that gauge has a hose extension.

I bought my pump at a bicycle shop was around $30 works great. A mechanic at local bike shop told me just keep in mind every time you double check the pressure with another gauge you are losing 3-4 psi more if that gauge has a hose extension.

Yea, my gauge drops 2 pounds each time I use it. It's one of those fancy digital ones. Just pisses me off that this thing sucks and I have to pay return freight. The product and the seller had great reputation. Makes me think the other dumbasses that bought it never checked to see if the gauge was accurate.

Edited by Tonik

Tonik-I bought a rifle sling from Amazon's site.  Now it was the same as an older sling I have on my muzzle loader.  When I got it the sling was a piece of crap.  The finish was terrible, the edges had not been trimmed right so it wouldn't operate correctly.  So I contacted Amazon's customer service and they refunded my money and said they would deal with the supplier the sling came from.

Maybe give that a try.....