Another Tragedy

Ron505

Dammit.  Westerville resident probably going fast on his sport bike to impress his passenger, only to go wide on a turn with oncoming traffic.  Neither wearing helmets (nor probably any other protective gear).  Now he's dead and she's in an out-of-town hospital with bad enough injuries to warrant a helicopter extraction.

He must have been really hauling ass to miss this gentle curve: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sugar+Grove+Rd+SE+%26+Hickory+Hill+Dr+SE/@39.6584125,-82.5531526,12z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x8847f357afeaeedf:0x6dfff331a666b10d

Damned shame. Be careful out there kids, and don't try to impress anyone!

I live right down the road, and there have been many motorcycle accidents on this curve.  If you haven't ridin it before, it can be very deceiving.  I grew up about 1/2 mile north.

I live right down the road, and there have been many motorcycle accidents on this curve.  If you haven't ridin it before, it can be very deceiving.  I grew up about 1/2 mile north.

That's interesting and I guess the 2D shot doesn't really indicate it.  Is it because it's an S curve, or that's it's blind, or both?  Even still, that guy must have been moving - I still can't see how it's a technical curve compared to so many others I've ridden.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sugar+Grove+Rd+SE+%26+Hickory+Hill+Dr+SE/@39.6576423,-82.5531208,859m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8847f357afeaeedf:0x6dfff331a666b10d