Leading Global Warming scientist proves...

Tonik

Just to be clear....YOU are a figment of your imagination.

That's quite an existential problem. I'll have to get back to you on that. When doesn't really matter though, does it?

You're enjoying this, aren't you?

If I were real I would be. At the very least we have finally proven Global Warming isn't real. Hell, there isn't even a world to warm. Wait, we can't prove anything, not being real ourselves.  This is hard, I'm gonna drink and be back in awhile.

Just to be clear. If you read a bit on the subject, it's basically about the Higgs Boson particle causing a new understanding of particle physics. Which means that the new information says the universe could not have sustained an expansion, and would have collapsed.

This only means that we're missing something in physics, since apparently that didn't happen.

That is all. Carry on.

edit: Since I like whacko physics, there is a strong case for everything in the universe to simply be a construct of our own imagination, and nothing really exists.

Edited by ReconRat

It's the Matrix I tell ya.

"what is real?  how do you define real?  If reality is what you can touch, taste, and smell, then reality is merely electrical impulses triggering reactions inside your brain."  (or something like that.  I typed it from memory.)

Even on a less existential level, that's the truth.  How do any of us know what the other sees or tastes?  How do I know what I see as "blue" is the same color you see as blue, or that a well-cooked fillet causes the same taste sensation for me and you?  Perhaps we enjoy the steak equally, despite that fact that it's not the same sensation for both of us.  I like Cheetos and beer, but they don't taste the same to me...