Fairfield county gets an MRAP

Casper

Mixed thoughts... I mean tax dollars did pay for it, so I'm glad we're getting to keep it instead of abandoning it in Iraq or giving it to the Afghan army as a gift... And I understand there is a possibility that the police would somehow end up in a situation that it might be useful... But I just don't see the chances of that being big enough to justify them needing this... It seems like this is the first step to turning even more cops into stupid commando fucks... While I'm happy our tax dollars are being recycled rather than given away like usual, I'd much rather see this type of shit put in storage until needed again, or at least given somewhere that it may be useful (might come in handy for border patrol or something like that - since fucking Mexico wants to continue invading our borders and shooting at our border patrol agents)

• Upvote 2

Mixed thoughts... I mean tax dollars did pay for it, so I'm glad we're getting to keep it instead of abandoning it in Iraq or giving it to the Afghan army as a gift... And I understand there is a possibility that the police would somehow end up in a situation that it might be useful... But I just don't see the chances of that being big enough to justify them needing this... It seems like this is the first step to turning even more cops into stupid commando fucks... While I'm happy our tax dollars are being recycled rather than given away like usual, I'd much rather see this type of shit put in storage until needed again, or at least given somewhere that it may be useful (might come in handy for border patrol or something like that - since fucking Mexico wants to continue invading our borders and shooting at our border patrol agents)

Weapons of war have no place on our streets. Or something like that.

That's the DoD procurement system - order and build more equipment than really is needed. Give away the extra or scrap the extra stuff. Brand new planes end up being flown to the Arizona boneyard. Tanks? The Lima tank plant is a perfect example. We have a warehouse of tanks that arent needed, yet we keep making them for the sake of making them. 

Billions - wasted. 

Edited by mello dude
  • Upvote 1

I had both a Mossberg shotgun and a Beretta pistol in the Marine Corps. I own both now as a civilian. What makes you say I shouldn't have them? 

False equivalence is false.