wife hit a tree

Hoblick

we took the our 1 week old wildcat out for its first ride on the trail at wayne national forrest. thing performed amazingly in all conditions. climbed through mud holes great, blasted down the trails, and handled the whoops just fine.

my wife decided she wanted to drive, we were follow 2 friends on raptor 700s, and as we are going up a small incline she was moving pretty good, i saw a huge root that was sticking out into the trail from a tree the trail was cut out, figured she would swerve to miss it, well she didn't see it and blasted it with the right front wheel at about 30 mph, that shot us to the left head on into a tree. 

damage that i can see thus far is right front wheel bent, right front tie rod bent, right front upper and lower A arms bent and pushed back about an inch, right front sway bar end link bent, front grill busted up, the frame work for the grill snapped on the left side, and thats all i can tell at the moment. I'm not gonna tear into yet, i have full coverage on it, and I'm gonna use it.

i have never used my insurance on any motorcycle, dirt bike, or sxs i have owned in the last 6 years or so, so i think its time to get my monies worth.

im gonna upgrade to aftermarket wheels, and definitely ordering a front bumper for it asap.

thanks for tim for waiting on us to make sure we could keep going, and thanks to adam for being a gracious host to us, and making sure we got back to his camper area to load up.

• Upvote 1

I'm actually happy to read this account if the events. I was initially worried you had dirt bikes I was unaware of and she'd taken a more serious flight/tumble.

Sounds like that will buff right out.

She's not the only one that hit a tree. My son also thought his new quad was a tree bulldozer. He is fine too, lesson learned for him. Do not go downhill too fast in a gravelly corner. Not near as costly of damaged like Ryans, if I chose to repair it would probably just be a headlight guard and a front bumper.

ysuhehyz.jpg

u9yge4yj.jpg

Here is the damage to his tree

edy4esaq.jpg

Edited by 2talltim