New member from Dayton

.dave

I just moved out to the Dayton area this January and recently got the Suzuki GS500 that I accidentally won on eBay running. I took the MSF course back in 2012 and bought the GS not too long after that, however my schedule (and budget) in graduate school prevented me from sorting everything out on it. This is my first season riding, but I've been putting on the miles after work and on weekends. 

I am interested in trying out riding on a track, however at this point I think I'd need some more seat time before being comfortable out there. 

If you see the two-tone orange GS500 below around the Dayton area, that's me. I usually go to the bike night at Quaker in Beavercreek since its right up the street. And yes, I know I need better riding pants than the Dickies in the picture below (I'm looking into the Alpinestars Air-Flo textile pants as well as some knee and hip/tailbone armor).

post-17730-0-15028700-1404694928_thumb.j

post-17730-0-47355400-1404695734_thumb.j

Welcome, I'm just south of you in Hamilton. If you're interested in track riding, but not interested in running your bike for the risk, check into the kart track and OMRL. There's a track just west of Dayton in Camden. It only costs $10 to practice. It's a great/inexpensive track alternative.

I just moved out to the Dayton area this January and recently got the Suzuki GS500 that I accidentally won on eBay running. I took the MSF course back in 2012 and bought the GS not too long after that, however my schedule (and budget) in graduate school prevented me from sorting everything out on it. This is my first season riding, but I've been putting on the miles after work and on weekends. 

I am interested in trying out riding on a track, however at this point I think I'd need some more seat time before being comfortable out there. 

If you see the two-tone orange GS500 below around the Dayton area, that's me. I usually go to the bike night at Quaker in Beavercreek since its right up the street. And yes, I know I need better riding pants than the Dickies in the picture below (I'm looking into the Alpinestars Air-Flo textile pants as well as some knee and hip/tailbone armor).

Congrats and welcome!  Want to tell us how much you paid for your "accidental" win? :)

Back when I used buy/fix up/sell mac laptops I accidentally won a $600 macbook that I was just trying to drive the price up on.  Whoops.  Luckily it's been serving me well for many years, so I can't complain.  I hope your GS500 has the same story!

Welcome dave, enjoy your GS500.  I've had a lot of fun with them for over 180k miles. 

Thanks, Jack. I thought I recognized your username, then I saw the link in your signature.

Welcome, I'm just south of you in Hamilton. If you're interested in track riding, but not interested in running your bike for the risk, check into the kart track and OMRL. There's a track just west of Dayton in Camden. It only costs $10 to practice. It's a great/inexpensive track alternative.

Do you have any more information? I've seen the OMRL, but do you need to have your own bike to ride there?

Congrats and welcome!  Want to tell us how much you paid for your "accidental" win? :)

Back when I used buy/fix up/sell mac laptops I accidentally won a $600 macbook that I was just trying to drive the price up on.  Whoops.  Luckily it's been serving me well for many years, so I can't complain.  I hope your GS500 has the same story!

I had been checking eBay for a while looking for Ninja 250s, GS500s, and SV650s. Logged in one Monday morning and found a GS500 for $700 with 25+ bids and 20 minutes left in the auction. I bid $702.50, thinking that someone would outbid me...but nobody did. It was about an hour away from where I grew up in NY, so I had a friend go and pick it up for me.

• 1 month later...