2015 Indian Scout

Tpoppa

I like that they built a modern motorcycle instead of instead of a refreshed antique.  Liquid cooling and ride by wire for $11k.

100 hp (guessing at the crank) and 72 tq should be a lot more entertaining than a 60 hp Sportster 1200.

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/scout-thunder-black-smoke

2015-Indian-Scout-red-static-1-590x393.j

• Upvote 1

It makes decent power, isn't insanely heavy, has actual ground clearance, and a real cast aluminum chassis.  Could it be fun to ride?  The last cruiser that I thought was fun was the 3rd gen V4 honda Magna.

Edited by Tpoppa

Could it be fun to ride?  The last cruiser that I thought was fun was the 3rd gen V4 honda Magna.

Like this one (man... this makes me miss it):

sml_gallery_13395_1539_40407.jpg

I can see a faint resemblance between the scout and the magna... It will be interesting to see how well it sells. and at what fun factor...

I have to admit, this is the first muscle cruiser to catch my eye since I had the magna...

Decent looking bike, but does 100 crank hp really make it a muscle cruiser these days?

When a HD big twin makes 65 rwhp, I am guessing yes.  

Considering the HP and weight it should cover a 1/4 mile in about 12 seconds.  Not fast by sport bike standards but it's decent.   

When a HD big twin makes 65 rwhp, I am guessing yes.

Considering the HP and weight it should cover a 1/4 mile in about 12 seconds. Not fast by sport bike standards but it's decent.

Yea but are HDs considered muscle cruisers? Maybe the vrod... When I think modern muscle cruiser, I'm picturing the second Gen 200hp vmax.. Or a Ducati diavel... Not HD or Indian with less than 100hp at the wheel... Even my first Gen vmax made more than that and debuted in the 80s... Cool bike in its own right, just not sure I understand what about this bike makes it a muscle cruiser

150 rear is function over form.  It should make for quick turn in (well for a cruiser anyway). 

OOC, what will a stock V Rod do in a 1/4 mile?

A good rider can run in the 11.60 range. Most I've seen are right around 12 flat.

A good rider can run in the 11.60 range. Most I've seen are right around 12 flat.

It never made sense to me that many HD riders don't like the V Rod.  HD should do more with the platform, like maybe V Rod bagger

V-Rod-bag-6.jpg   

Decent looking bike, but does 100 crank hp really make it a muscle cruiser these days?

That, and the fact that it doesn't weigh 700 lbs-- yeah I'd say this'll be in the running for one of the quickest cruisers on the market out of the box.

It's got a 30 HP advantage over the Sportster, and just about as much torque, and it's relatively cheap.

I kinda want one of these.

It never made sense to me that many HD riders don't like the V Rod.  HD should do more with the platform, like maybe V Rod bagger

V-Rod-bag-6.jpg   

Just threw up in my mouth a bit.

VROD is a great bike, but it's not UH REEL HARLEE, 'cause water cooling and engine balance and modernity, rabble rabble.

Edited by Ryan_c_F

It never made sense to me that many HD riders don't like the V Rod. HD should do more with the platform, like maybe V Rod bagger

V-Rod-bag-6.jpg

Most of these old HD owners despise the VRod because it,a not what they ride simple as that. These are the same guys that don't normally ride more than 300 miles a year. They guys that really put some miles on they're HDs have a whole different mentality than the bar hopper weekend wannabe's.

i'm 1/86th native american, and resent the branding "Indian".  but the 3/64th of me that's dot indian resents that it does not come with HDMI and a free upgrade to windows 8.1

all in all, 6/10, would rather buy a used vmax

All this talk about "real" Harley riders...

I know there are a lot of 50 yr old boys who buy them as garage ornament dick-extensions, but there are still quite a few HD owners who ride the shit out of them as well.

My old neighbor rode his Harley to sturgis a bunch of times. He always told me that even the "pirates" would slap me on the back and shake my hand if I'd ridden the EX500 out there.

• Upvote 3