Nekid Gixxer

2talltim

Never ridden a 1k supersport, but I have a hard time believing you can just crack it open and not lift the front lol.. If you're talking your bike, yea maybe, but then you're comparing 600 to a 1k and it's apples to oranges lol

Just have to respect the throttle.. And when it comes up by surprise, it just adds a little bit of fun lol

The only time I miss having fairings is above 90mph, and even then a screen fixes problems.. Fz1 has the front fairing to resolve that issue... I don't spend much time above 140mph where those fairings make a difference

Edited by Steve Butters

Never ridden a 1k supersport, but I have a hard time believing you can just crack it open and not lift the front lol.. If you're talking your bike, yea maybe, but then you're comparing 600 to a 1k and it's apples to oranges lol

Just have to respect the throttle.. And when it comes up by surprise, it just adds a little bit of fun lol

The only time I miss having fairings is above 90mph, and even then a screen fixes problems.. Fz1 has the front fairing to resolve that issue... I don't spend much time above 140mph where those fairings make a difference

My s1000rr would keep the front end down in 3rd gear at WOT as long as it was rolled into. I wouldn't call the front end planted however. I'm glad they equip the bikes with steering stabilizers. 2nd gear it would float the front end about a foot high whenever WOT. First was very aggressive. Liter bikes are insane. It takes a while to get used to the acceleration, and even when you're used to it, it feels like you're being shot out of a cannon. When you step back on a 600 straight from a liter bike, it's crazy how it feels slow (even though a modern 600 is far from slow).

I'm curious to ride one of the new super nakeds, like the ktm SDR. I'm sure with the upright ergo's, it's probably front happy.

Sport naked motorcycles look silly... and why would someone want that low end and mid range for street riding anyway?

I agree, fairings are better looking, offer way more protection, tall gearing is awesome on the street, and being leaned over for 500+ miles a day is just bad ass!

Left my house on the Speed Triple to meet up with some hooligans at Bolivar DQ (135 miles away) one morning, 35 degrees at start, met another rider 22 miles in, on an R1...we were equally cold and miserable, for the entire ride there, I believe.

I like the GSX-S okay enough, but I hate the small body pieces next to the radiator, and I don't like how severe the angle of the bodywork appears on the sub-frame.  To me it looks like they're trying to do a stock version of the ridiculous mods some people do to make their tail point upward.  I prefer a flatter seat-back.

Edited by redkow97

Fairings, and the ability to WOT while keeping both wheels planted for stability ;)

FZ1 has a faring bubby. I probably do a WOT run every time I ride it. Planted and smooth as glass with plenty of tucking room behind the windscreen.

FZ1 has a faring bubby. I probably do a WOT run every time I ride it. Planted and smooth as glass with plenty of tucking room behind the windscreen.

Well shoot, if the front wheel doesn't come up on WOT, then it might as well be a 600!

I'm not trying to get into bike wars, but the FZ1's fairing looks like an overbite ;)

Also... That little ole thing aint a fairing!

post-40588-thats-not-a-knife-thats-a-kno

No matter what you think of it looks, it doesn't excellent job at wind protection.

LOL @ your typo ;)

Seriously, though, I'm not hatin', I believe in "to each, their own."  I'd be the worst one to throw mud, since I picked a bike that's certainly not as mainstream as yours.

Fairings, and the ability to WOT while keeping both wheels planted for stability ;)

Well shoot, if the front wheel doesn't come up on WOT, then it might as well be a 600!

I'm not trying to get into bike wars, but the FZ1's fairing looks like an overbite ;)

Also... That little ole thing aint a fairing!

post-40588-thats-not-a-knife-thats-a-kno

Ok, I'll bite...

Take off a couple more pieces of plastic and your Tomkat is basically an FZ6 with less power. ;)

Now that's a knife...to the gut. :p

Ok, I'll bite...

Take off a couple more pieces of plastic and your Tomkat is basically an FZ6 with less power. ;)

Now that's a knife...to the gut. :p

Meh, I have MORE than enough horsepower... The only thing an FZ6 has that I'd want is fuel injection, but that's because the bike is a LOT newer.  I'm happy with the power my bike makes, and I'm a fan of the full-fairings and the ergos that fit me perfectly.  an FZ6 would've cost me more, had me sitting up too much, and not been as pretty (to ME).

On my SV1000S, top speed (155) was only a little unstable with the hard bags on back, easy to keep the front planted thru all the gears ( unless you wanted it up). The FZ09, totally different beast. 1-3 it wants to see the sky and over 100 it gets a little head wobble. Guess that's why Yamaha cut its nuts at 132 mph.

Meh, I have MORE than enough horsepower... The only thing an FZ6 has that I'd want is fuel injection, but that's because the bike is a LOT newer.  I'm happy with the power my bike makes, and I'm a fan of the full-fairings and the ergos that fit me perfectly.  an FZ6 would've cost me more, had me sitting up too much, and not been as pretty (to ME).

Yep...I wasn't knocking your bike, just poking fun. Everyone has their preferences.