OMRL Endurance Round 10/4/14 - MotoSeries team(s)??

redkow97

Hey all -

I checked the MotoSeries calendar, and the season wraps up before the OMRL endurance race.  It seems to me that the MotoSeries regulars have no excuse not to show up, maintain their riding fitness, and turn some laps on XR100 rentals (or their own if they have them).

Plus there's a barbeque during/after the endurance race.

The teams vying for the win will run 2 riders in 1-hour stints.  Gavin and I took third (I think) last year by switching every half hour or so. 

Frankly, I think the rider swaps are fun, and add to the excitement.  If it were my event, I would make a certain number of stops mandatory (probably dictated by whichever team has the most riders) to keep things fair, and provide opportunities for low/no-speed shenanigans - I'll bring that up before the race :)

But back to 'business'

Mini racing is cheap.  For the cost of a practice day at most tracks, you can do 4 heat races, the endurance race, and rent a bike with OMRL...  This could be a tremendously fun event for a bunch of us to get together, talk shit, hang out, and RIDE A TON.  2013 had a 4 or 5 person team, so you can split the entry and rental fees to reduce costs by even more if you want.  The only problem with that is that there's a finite amount of practice time in the morning - but I would probably let people take my bike out for practice if they want.  Others might be open to that as well.

Start making your plans now!

maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe, if someone has an opening.  hopefully, baby will be settled in better by then where i can leave the house for more than an hour and hell doesn't break loose

What is the rental/entry fee?

I will get details from the appropriate parties this weekend.  I can't remember what last year's entry fee was...  It is per team though, so you can split it easily with more riders.

Rental for the XR's is another question I'm not sure on, but again, if  you're all sharing one bike, that could be split as well.

I'm not looking to rent my bike out, but I would do it if the other rentals were spoken for, and I had a different team bike to ride.

Last year the Endurance entry fee was $50 per TEAM

Rental bike fee is approx $50 if i recall correctly!

You guys could also see if any OMRL members are looking for extra riders to create a team.

I seem to remember them asking $100 for the weekend at PIRC.  With the additional time on the bike for the endurance race, I was anticipating $100, but I have an email out to Kent and Russ (via the official OMRL email account) to get a firm answer.  Regardless, especially split between 2 people, it's still stupid cheap.

I seem to remember them asking $100 for the weekend at PIRC.  With the additional time on the bike for the endurance race, I was anticipating $100, but I have an email out to Kent and Russ (via the official OMRL email account) to get a firm answer.  Regardless, especially split between 2 people, it's still stupid cheap.

Since they already rented the bike... one member might as well race Stock XR and the other member race F3 earlier in the day!  

Does Motoseries use Mylaps transponders?  if so, that saves them another $10 if they own one.

Cool,will do. Me and a buddy of mine raced with Motoseries a couple of years ago. I mentioned something to him today, it peaked his interest as well, We would have to rent a bike tho.... I'll be watching this thread!