Well that was quick....

Gixxus Christ!

Already blew/burnt a chunk out of the head gasket on the superhonda 850. Not sure if bad gasket or too much power. Maybe the head wasn't quite flat....gasket had steel fire rings. Noticed a snapping sound and smoke blowing out the side of #1. Found this gap:

20140826_201958.jpg

so hopefully I can pull the mill, check the head, fit new gasket, reassemble and put back in the frame in one day with the help of some strapping young lads...

Not sure... I took her out Saturday after 2 months of break in rides around the block and put the screws to her....fucking bike is fast for what she is...pulls like a train all the way up to 10k. Redline starts at 8500 but I'm pretty sure that's just a suggestion. .. the owners manual even says not to run it in the red 'for an extended period of time'. Valves weren't floating so I figured shit was cool. Idled a bit rough when I got it home but I figured that was due to it being hotter than shit...crank breather was steaming pretty good along with the oil reservoir when I pulled the cap...but that's really not uncommon for these old bikes....figures, I finally got the jetting zeroed in.