kawasaki to release "ground breaking" ninja h2.

cOoTeR

Supposedly a Kawasaki engineer has leaked the specs:

1043cc centrifugal supercharged inline 4 cylinder.  220+ hp stock.  With an exhaust and some tuning, figure it can put 240 to the wheel, with a big fat torque curve.  Still, with the current race classes, it seems to be a drag race engine in a road race frame...

http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/engine/1289-kawasaki-ninja-h2-insider-confirmation-engine.html

now that I post that (theoretical) horsepower figure, it occurs to me that we're approaching MotoGP levels of horsepower while maintaining tens of thousands of miles of longevity.  That is pretty impressive.  Especially if they can keep the weight to a level that makes this bike enjoyable to ride on a track.

I still don't see the practical application or market for this bike, but "bragging rights" are something, I guess.

Supposedly a Kawasaki engineer has leaked the specs:

1043cc centrifugal supercharged inline 4 cylinder.  220+ hp stock.  With an exhaust and some tuning, figure it can put 240 to the wheel, with a big fat torque curve.  Still, with the current race classes, it seems to be a drag race engine in a road race frame...

http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/engine/1289-kawasaki-ninja-h2-insider-confirmation-engine.html

I read somewhere can't remember where though maybe the ninja h2 site that kawasaki said they weren't building a bike that fit into any current race classes.

While that kind of power would be intoxicating, it seems kind of strange to make a flashship sportbike that won't be able to race in any class. 

WERA Pro for 2015 has an "unlimited" class, but I hardly think that was considered when this idea was conceived.  I agree though, they're going to be winning a contest no one else is competing in. 

I know he made it as confusing as possible, but he traced the "leak" back to a false source that motorcycle.com "verfied" as being true. I could not find a more thought out article but there seems to be a media uproar about to go down about the validity of this idea of a new H2 made by Kawi being true. So don't hold your breath in waiting for a new Kawi H2. It seems to be a hoax that made its way into the realm of the real world.

I know he made it as confusing as possible, but he traced the "leak" back to a false source that motorcycle.com "verfied" as being true. I could not find a more thought out article but there seems to be a media uproar about to go down about the validity of this idea of a new H2 made by Kawi being true. So don't hold your breath in waiting for a new Kawi H2. It seems to be a hoax that made its way into the realm of the real world.

So you are saying that the whole idea of the H2 is a hoax? What i got from the article above was the information leaked about the specs was false not the information about the h2 being debuted at the end of the month.

It is a pretty detailed hoax with the website (http://ninja-h2.com/s/) and videos on there. If you go to kawasaki.Com then click the link to their Facebook page link on there. The kawasaki USA Facebook page is posting the teaser videos also.

I'm sure some company that owns a bunch of forums isn't going to make a fake motorcycle and actually put ©kawasaki heavy industries at the bottom. That's asking for a huge lawsuit.

That article concludes that the source of the leak is faulty.  I would agree that it's "unverified."  That doesn't make it false though.  His detective work is respectable, but his conclusions invalidating the information are no more accurate than a conclusion that it's valid.

11 more days, and we'll all know for sure.

The article does not say that the existence of the new H2 is a hoax. It says that the "leak" (claiming the bike is 222 HP, 1000cc) is a rumor. The teaser videos we have all seen are not "leaks". They were released by Kawasaki Heavy Industries to generate interest in their upcoming introduction of some sort of real fast supercharged sportbike of specifications not yet known by the public.

Just a couple quotes from Kawasaki USA's Facebook page.

Kawasaki USA

Sep 1 ·

"Inspired by the innovative spirit of the 1972 Kawasaki H2 motorcycle, developed by the collective strength of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd., and built to be a motorcycle the world never imagined possible. Witness the 2015 all-new Ninja H2 supersport motorcycle in this week's sneak-peak video here: http://bit.ly/1wZvoBA"

And

Kawasaki USA

Sep 16 at 9:02am ·

"The 1971 Kawasaki H2 was an unprecedented machine. The world's fastest motorcycle at the time, the "Mach IV" had a reputation for extreme performance. In 2015, the H2 legend lives on. For more teaser videos, check out www.ninja-h2.com"

These quotes give me hope that this is going to be the biggest baddest bike we've ever seen.

It says inspired by the spirit of the h2. It doesn't say it's a remake of the h2. We already know it's not a 3 cylinder 2 stroke. So that means it doesn't have to be a 750cc to be considered "in the spirit of the h2".

"built to be a motorcycle the world never imagined possible." No one really thinks it's possible to put a supercharged 1000cc + sized engine on a light weight street bike. No one really seems to think 200+ hp is streetable or usable on the track. I'm hoping this bike changes that for all of us and they show us it can be done.

"The 1971 Kawasaki H2 was an unprecedented machine. The world's fastest motorcycle at the time, the "Mach IV" had a reputation for extreme performance." I'm hoping the new H2 is also the fastest motorcycle of its time with a reputation for extreme performance.

Looks like it's going to be a 1liter supercharged from an article i read that was posted 3 hours ago.

But sounds like the claimed hoax. I'm hoping for a 750cc triple motor.

The teaser videos show a supercharged 4 cylinder.

Over on the zx10r forum someone claimed that there was a live interview with Ricky Gadson somewhere in the vast Internet. Apparently it is claimed that Ricky said the h2 will be the bugatti of the motorcycle world, will be the most powerful bike we've ever seen and will be limited to 500 bikes. I guess he also claimed the H2 will be a dagger in the hearts of the other manufactures.

I can't find any video, audio or transcript of the supposed interview. But there seem to be 2 statements that conflict each other. One being it will be a dagger in the heart of other manufactures and that it will be limited to 500 bikes. Being that limited will make it virtually unobtainable even if it's 500 set for the US. I don't see how that would do anything to the other manufactures.

Over on the zx10r forum someone claimed that there was a live interview with Ricky Gadson somewhere in the vast Internet. Apparently it is claimed that Ricky said the h2 will be the bugatti of the motorcycle world, will be the most powerful bike we've ever seen and will be limited to 500 bikes. I guess he also claimed the H2 will be a dagger in the hearts of the other manufactures.

I can't find any video, audio or transcript of the supposed interview. But there seem to be 2 statements that conflict each other. One being it will be a dagger in the heart of other manufactures and that it will be limited to 500 bikes. Being that limited will make it virtually unobtainable even if it's 500 set for the US. I don't see how that would do anything to the other manufactures.

Until Honda releases a 1000cc V4 superbike.

And yamaha a big number triple.

And suzuki, well I dunno what they can do other than a 20k rpm liter 4

And ducati another v4

Being that limited will make it virtually unobtainable even if it's 500 set for the US. I don't see how that would do anything to the other manufactures.

Especially when Honda has clearly shown dominance on the world stage in MotoGP.

Still, there are other metaphoric daggers that aren't financial.  I would be interested to see the financials for Kawasaki Heavy Industries.  My guess is that motorcycles are a much smaller revenue stream than excavators and other large mechanical equipment.   The only plus side to a motorcycle is that the owner is much more likely to destroy it and replace it quickly than a piece of heavy machinery.