kawasaki to release "ground breaking" ninja h2.

cOoTeR

I'm trying to figure out what is going on with the sprocket. It looks like there is a lot of extra stuff on there. Like the black thing in front of the sprocket. What is that?

looks like a shark fin to stop things from entering the sprocket. The triumph had a place to mount one. 

The average buyer, if the price is $50K+, will ride it 10 seconds off the pace of the average intermediate track day rider.

You're assuming anyone will actually ride them.  If they're making 500, I would bet fewer than 100 actually see a race track.   The rest will be moth-balled by collectors :(

it's growing on me.  And while I may not actually like the design, I appreciate what they're trying to do. 

Kawasaki is trying to do something to "revolutionize" motorcycles.  I'm not in love with the aesthetics of their execution, but I thoroughly appreciate their effort.

• Upvote 1

It's an awesome bike on paper but I fear that on thr street it's going to be the equivalent of having a dick so huge you can't fit it in anyone.

In the interest of sticking with your awesome analogy, perhaps the world needs a bigger vagina, and not a smaller dick.

Or rather, this is the dick that will pave the way for more accommodating vaginas. (Meaning bigger racetracks).

Here's some information from Brock Davidson.

There will be street-legal as well as race-only versions.

There will not be a production limit; however, as with any made-to-order machine, natural limitations may occur.

No pricing has been set on either version, although the 'made to order' Ducati Desmosedici did come up in a conversation about the street version.

The bikes will be available for order through Kawasaki dealers

- See more at: http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/templates/fast1320_z2.aspx?articleid=32766&zoneid=2#sthash.BdkxODtj.dpuf