DMG out

TSB67

Glad to see this finally announced. Espeleta mentioned it in an interview he did at Indy, with the insinuation that DORNA was the major money source.DORNA wants more American riders on the international stage and this is a pretty good way to make that happen. It will be interesting to see the classes and rules once published.

I am hoping a lot will come of this. I'm not sure how I feel about DORNA backing this project, since they really are an outsider in the picture, but I'm going to remain positive about this one. Anything is more positive than the sorry excuse for a racing group called the DMG. I am hoping for a Moto2 and Moto3 style setup with a Superbike series as the main event. Fingers crossed.....

Not at the top level, but I'd like to see a pro-am superstock 600cc class that allows very few mods.  Keep the costs relatively low for racers who want to be competive on the track, but can't match $$ of the fast teams.

That would be a great way to see who has enough talent to move to the next level.

Edited by Tpoppa

Good to see this. I'd like to see a lot more riders getting back into RR, especially the big sponsors that we lost in the last few years. Plus I'd like more variety of manufacturers out there too, enough of just Yamaha and Suzuki, bring in Kawi, Triumph, Buel, Bimota, or even Vyrus for that matter. With Dorna helping out, this means this can get big and fast!

Not at the top level, but I'd like to see a pro-am superstock 600cc class that allows very few mods.  Keep the costs relatively low for racers who want to be competive on the track, but can't match $$ of the fast teams.

That would be a great way to see who has enough talent to move to the next level.

That would be a great way to think about growing the championship now, in the future though, you are going to have to look at going with a Moto2/3 setup otherwise your going to see just another great championship like the BSB. Which I am sure is what DORNA does not want. Big picture has to look like the Spanish CEV, there's at least one reporter in every press conference asking why there are no more Americans and why the Spanish and Italians seem to be ruling the Motogp championships. Simple answer, the CEV. It offers every opportunity in the world for young riders to excel in the sport and it rewards young talented riders. This is what DORNA wants and why I believe they got involved with an American road racing series. If the riders get rewarded so will they, financialy of course.

Secondly, Moto2 and Moto3 machines are actually affordable. More affordable than most think. You can pick up a used Moto2 bike for anywhere between $60,000 and $90,000 that may even be cheaper now than I last checked now that the CEV series has flooded the market. And Moto3 bikes are about half of that. And if you follow both series you know that it is very rare that anyone gets away in those races. The racing is always close, offering an opportunity for anyone to run at the front.

• Upvote 2

I would like that too, but I think there will be a smaller displacement class for the rising stars. 

That would be a great way to think about growing the championship now, in the future though, you are going to have to look at going with a Moto2/3 setup otherwise your going to see just another great championship like the BSB. Which I am sure is what DORNA does not want. Big picture has to look like the Spanish CEV, there's at least one reporter in every press conference asking why there are no more Americans and why the Spanish and Italians seem to be ruling the Motogp championships. Simple answer, the CEV. It offers every opportunity in the world for young riders to excel in the sport and it rewards young talented riders. This is what DORNA wants and why I believe they got involved with an American road racing series. If the riders get rewarded so will they, financialy of course.

Secondly, Moto2 and Moto3 machines are actually affordable. More affordable than most think. You can pick up a used Moto2 bike for anywhere between $60,000 and $90,000 that may even be cheaper now than I last checked now that the CEV series has flooded the market. And Moto3 bikes are about half of that. And if you follow both series you know that it is very rare that anyone gets away in those races. The racing is always close, offering an opportunity for anyone to run at the front.

moto2 and 3 are are some of my fav. races. 

I don't mean at the Moto2 and Moto3 level.  I was referring to Pro-Am like this “It allows a framework that supports advancement from youth competition to novice, from novice to Pro-Am, from Pro-Am to National Championship contention and, for the best of the best, an opportunity to race for a world title.”

Something like a 600cc superstock regional series, with costs for modifications severely limited and only regional travel required.  I think that would reduce the $$ barriers that prevent many from joining or continuing in road racing.  

Can we see a race on tv again please? Not that hocus-pocus internet crap..... Real tv. I miss it.

Maybe, but I sorta doubt it. The production and broadcast costs to get it on a mainstream TV network are astronomically high, and I doubt even the new organizers have that kind of coin, Dorna or no Dorna. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but we may have to settle for webcasting, at least in the short term. On the bright side, that cuts out the annoyance of poorly timed commercial breaks...

Maybe, but I sorta doubt it. The production and broadcast costs to get it on a mainstream TV network are astronomically high, and I doubt even the new organizers have that kind of coin, Dorna or no Dorna. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but we may have to settle for webcasting, at least in the short term. On the bright side, that cuts out the annoyance of poorly timed commercial breaks...

I dont have cable to webcasting is okay with me!

It's fine with me too, actually. I haven't had cable for many years, and find that streaming commercial-free HD race coverage to my huge TV is way better than paying to watch annoying ads. That said, you and I are not yet the mainstream, and for sponsors to re-enter the paddock, some more mainstream coverage will be necessary.