greetings, from some pothole infested land of ruin and mayhem north of you.

5axisrider

Howdy ladies and gents, I regretfully admit I currently reside.....a few hours south of the Mackinac bridge and an hour and change north of Toledo. Please don't make me say it. I hate this place. But I work and have family here so I'm stuck, but I am fortunate enough to have discovered the wonderful place that is S.E. Ohio. I do much of my riding and other activities there.

So many things about your fine state that admire, from the agricultural industry, to the pristine roads, to the great places and people, I have vowed to move to Ohio some day.

My name is Mike, I work for the US Army at TACOM, in Warren, I've been riding since 1985, and have never been without a bike that entire time. I currently have 2 Triumphs, coincidentally, altho I love almost every brand, and I just completed restoring an 87 Yamaha Radian for my 18 yr old son.

I cannot wait to get him down to Marietta and on those amazing roads that span out from there.

As soon as I'm confident his riding skills are up to it, we'll be down there. I'm looking forward to contributing to this forum, maybe even meeting some of you guys and discovering some more magical roads I've yet to discover. Thank you for allowing me to join, and ride safe. Semper Fi.

Edited by 5axisrider
  • Upvote 2

Former. I'm 46 now and work for the DoD as a civ.

Mike, greetings! What do you do at TACOM warren if you don't mind me asking. I do some stuff for you guys and always love to meet people that work there. Have fun and don't take OR too seriously. It's full of jackasses like me

Thanks, jbot, and don't worry, I have sarcasm flowing thru my veins and I have thick skin. I don't take much too seriously any more, especially myself.

I work within TARDEC, my division is now called CSI, formerly CGVDI, I'm in prototype development and research of tracked and wheeled armorments. 

I'm seriously taking a look at riding down to ride with you guys on the Epic Ride. It sounds awesome, well organized, and with well thought out rules and guidelines. Aside from finding out if I'll have my kids that weekend, I'm wondering which group I'd fit into. I imagine that people in the fast and med fast groups all own sportbikes of at least 600ccs. I would likely take my Street Triple, and my riding style is brisk to say the least. I like to push it, and up until getting the Triple, I've also been a horsepower and speed junky, having owned a lot of larger HP bikes, but I've paid a price for that. But, like the advice said, I will likely go into the med fast or med group if I go. I can always step up.

But if I don't have my kids, I'm definitely down. Likely ride down from Detroit Sat morning (gulp, I'd have to leave at 330) to meet at 1030 and ride all day, get a room, ride home Sunday. But that's subject to change. Whatever works at the time. I'm excited to be able to ride with a group that actually knows how to ride. It would be a welcome change over......what I usually have to deal with.

Edited by 5axisrider

Mike, I am from troy Rochester hill area, I ride down to Ohio and back at least one day a month. Its a pretty long but fun ride for about 700 miles. Wish I had two day break to go down stay and come back. Anyways for the epic ride I am prolly planning to ride down Friday and then come back Saturday depending on the off days I get.

Ninja doc is up your way and I'm sure he will be at the ride.

Very cool building the Radian for your boy. Always loved those. Post pics?

Yea they're great little bikes, they handle like a scalpel.

post-17803-0-55836300-1410612147_thumb.j

Edited by 5axisrider

Mike, I am from troy Rochester hill area, I ride down to Ohio and back at least one day a month. Its a pretty long but fun ride for about 700 miles. Wish I had two day break to go down stay and come back. Anyways for the epic ride I am prolly planning to ride down Friday and then come back Saturday depending on the off days I get.

Thanks doc, if I can go I will definitely seriously consider that.

Yea they're great little bikes, they handle like a scalpel.

very clean bikes, will u be interested in those single day burn and turn rides? from exp i see up to caldwell and back makes for a good one day trip trip.

Edited by NinjaDoc

Warren MI...didn't General Custer marry a girl from Warren and live there off and on?

Any connection with Custer for a army facility there?

If I remember correctly her name was Libby,daughter of a local judge.general Sheridan gave her the table that Lee signed the surrender on that ended the civil war.

Welcome and thanks for serving.