How to Vote - No ID needed

Strictly Street

Seriously? This is a bait and switch logic test, right?

Very seriously.

Republicans by in large don't like new laws. Yet here we have many cases of Republicans passing laws that don't fix a problem that is inconsequential at best. See why some might call bullshit. That bullshit prevents some people from being able to vote. Those people tend to vote for the other side.

You can ignore this all you want. A significant amount of people see exactly what I described here.

Very seriously.

Republicans by in large don't like new laws. Yet here we have many cases of Republicans passing laws that don't fix a problem that is inconsequential at best. See why some might call bullshit. That bullshit prevents some people from being able to vote. Those people tend to vote for the other side.

You can ignore this all you want. A significant amount of people see exactly what I described here.

They don't like new laws. That is your starting point?

But then they do, but the wrong ones.

So they are bullshit. And bullshit hurts poor people.

Nice linear logic.

by in large

many cases

inconsequential

some might

some people

people tend to

A significant amount

Nice stack of qualifiers. So your point is that everyone thinks this way so I don't have to think? Lucky me.

Let's make it harder to vote. That's American!

Lets make it so you don't have to be American to vote. Brilliant!

You can ignore this all you want.

That sounds like an excellent idea. Seeing as I have already explained to you that it is a moot argument.

Edited by Strictly Street

They don't like new laws. That is your starting point?

But then they do, but the wrong ones.

So they are bullshit. And bullshit hurts poor people.

Nice linear logic.

by in large

many cases

inconsequential

some might

some people

people tend to

A significant amount

Nice stack of qualifiers. So your point is that everyone thinks this way so I don't have to think? Lucky me.

Let's make it harder to vote. That's American!

Lets make it so you don't have to be American to vote. Brilliant!

You can ignore this all you want.

That sounds like an excellent idea. Seeing as I have already explained to you that it is a moot argument.

This is getting silly. I say 'a significant amount' and you convert that to me saying eveyone thinks this way.

Then you go on to imply that I said let eveyone vote including non Americans.

Not sure where you get this from.

Still waiting to hear about all those important in person voter ID fraudsters who don't get prosecuted.

Law states you have to be a goddamn citizen to vote.  You should have to prove it to vote, because it is the goddamn law.  I don't give a shit if it is one person or a million.  Their vote should not count, should not be placed and should be enforced.  They should have zero input in the administration of our government on any level.  They should not be privy to my tax dollars either.

• Upvote 2

Law states you have to be a goddamn citizen to vote. You should have to prove it to vote, because it is the goddamn law. I don't give a shit if it is one person or a million. Their vote should not count, should not be placed and should be enforced. They should have zero input in the administration of our government on any level. They should not be privy to my tax dollars either.

Law also states you have the right to vote. Undue burdens aren't acceptable. So your idea isn't as cut and dry as you might imagine it to be.

Still waiting to hear about all those important in person voter ID fraudsters who don't get prosecuted.

Go back to the original post where I said they would not be prosecuted. See the link. It's about criminal activity, not in person voter ID fraud. (Which is what you have converted this too) Also the very first post in this thread which is also criminal activity, which again will not be prosecuted. Also see the post where I explained that voter ID laws will not work due the people that are not citizens having ID.

The comments made about voter ID laws, if you look at them again, they point out what the Republicans were trying to do with the law. Not what others made it out to be. (Of course the Democrats made it about race. They draw the race card like a quick draw six shooter.)  I also point out what the Democratic parties defensive method was which I will point out again, is giving id to anybody and everybody. Which if you think about it is a reverse poll tax. License fees to non citizens in exchange for constitutional guarantees and rights. In essence buying your citizenship at the DMV.

So, once again the voter ID debate is a moot point. The Democrats have made an end run around the attempt to verify voters citizenship, verify voter eligibility, verify voter residency.

We are on the way to a one party system if in fact we are not already there.

Keep in mind the humor of voting. Every time the vote splits 50-50 or even close to that, which represents both the voters and the non-voters, it means all have no clue what they are doing. Odds of random chance...

• Upvote 1

Ok so in person voter ID isn't a problem yet the laws have been changed lately to require it in two dozen states or so. So why would this be a new law?

Other parts of the laws are to shorten registration time and early voting. Many people find it difficult to vote on Tuesdays. People who are poor or have shitty jobs or multiple jobs. Or a host of other reasons. Why wouldn't we allow early voting? Why would be restricting the ability of CITIZENS to vote

Could it be, maybe just maybe, that the party that benefits from more restrictive laws are the ones passing them?

Regardless of party affiliation, restricting voting rights is wrong.

Election day is the first Tuesday of November. If you know you have to "work", get an absentee ballot. Right?

Sounds simple but there is a problem. I believe 10% never get disqualified. And as a voter you will never know why. You could do this year after year without ever getting counted.

In person, they will tell you what the problem is so you can do it differently, if not that time, in the future.

Sounds simple but there is a problem. I believe 10% never get disqualified. And as a voter you will never know why. You could do this year after year without ever getting counted.

In person, they will tell you what the problem is so you can do it differently, if not that time, in the future.

Seriously?

Now you are taking this point of view?

<shakes head and walks away>

Ok so in person voter ID isn't a problem yet the laws have been changed lately to require it in two dozen states or so. So why would this be a new law?

Other parts of the laws are to shorten registration time and early voting. Many people find it difficult to vote on Tuesdays. People who are poor or have shitty jobs or multiple jobs. Or a host of other reasons. Why wouldn't we allow early voting? Why would be restricting the ability of CITIZENS to vote

Could it be, maybe just maybe, that the party that benefits from more restrictive laws are the ones passing them?

Regardless of party affiliation, restricting voting rights is wrong.

You have to be kidding me if you even expect me to pay any attention to this logic fail of a statement. I have explained this  to you several times.

Have you been drinking?  On the other hand, lets all drink together, we will solve all the worlds problems by 2 AM! :)

Please beat this dead horse... OMG Are you kidding me or just trolling me?

WTF!!!!

fool-24075921188.jpeg

Really Is his your real political view?

DAMN!

If you really believe increasing voting restrictions are about voter fraud, and not about voter suppression, You're the one on kool aid.

As I have said several times already it isn't about suppression. It isn't even about fraud at this point. The fraud is now built into the system and the voter ID is a played card.

Have some Kool-Aid.

If you really believe increasing voting restrictions are about voter fraud, and not about voter suppression, You're the one on kool aid.

Totally agree. Why is it so hard to understand that political parties do things in their own best interest? In this case, restrict voter access while the old white base gets smaller and smaller. Seems logical to me.

And it it is a fact that the old white people base is a shrinking demographic.

Edited by turnone

As I have said several times already it isn't about suppression. It isn't even about fraud at this point. The fraud is now built into the system and the voter ID is a played card.

Have some Kool-Aid.

If it isn't about ID, why is it in the title of this thread?

If it isn't about ID, why is it in the title of this thread?

Um, 'How to Vote - No ID needed'

It's about not needing ID. Go ahead and beat the dead horse if it makes you feel better. Have at it.

More fun for you:

In 2013, a new Colorado Democratic state legislature rammed through a sweeping and highly controversial election law and convinced Democratic governor John Hickenlooper to sign it. The law, known as House Bill 1303, makes Colorado the only state in the country to combine two radical changes in election law: 1) abolishing the traditional polling place and having every voter mailed a ballot and 2) establishing same-day registration, which allows someone to appear at a government office and register and vote on the same day without showing photo ID or any other verifiable evidence that establishes identity.

If they register online a few days before, no human being ever has to show up to register or vote. A few keystrokes can create a voter and a “valid” ballot. Once a ballot cast under same-day registration is mixed in with others, there is no way to separate it out if the person who voted is later found ineligible. Other jurisdictions that have same-day registration, such as Washington, D.C., treat the vote as a provisional ballot pending verification. Colorado immediately counts the vote.

All mail-in ballots in Colorado will be ripe for abuse because “ballot harvesters” are allowed to go door-to-door and collect up to ten ballots with no effective enforcement if they collect more and deliver them at other times. … The potential for harvesters to pressure voters to turn over ballots, open ballot envelopes, alter ballots, or even throw them away is real.

With the North Carolina U.S. Senate race in a dead heat, state election officials say they have discovered 145 names on the voting rolls who are ineligible to vote because they are illegal immigrants who have been granted President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status.

in 2012...

According to the Columbus Dispatch, one out of every five registered voters in Ohio is ineligible to vote. In at least two counties in Ohio, the number of registered voters exceeded the number of eligible adults who are of voting age. In northwestern Ohio’s Wood County, there are 109 registered voters for every 100 people eligible to vote. An additional 31 of Ohio’s 88 counties have voter registration rates over 90%, which most voting experts regard as suspicious. Obama miraculously won 100% of the vote in 21 districts in Cleveland…

Out of 175,554 registered voters, 247,713 vote cards were cast in St. Lucie County, Florida in 2012.

Are you getting the idea yet that Voter ID laws, even though they do provide you with a nice sense of moral outrage, are just window dressing for the real problem?

The very first post in this thread shows ballot box stuffing not voter ID fraud. The rest of the thread is about how voter ID laws, where enacted, have been subverted.

You may now carry on about whatever side topic you wish.

Edited by Strictly Street

The difference between a non citizen having an ID and being able to vote, is that the non-citizen can't register.  Just like a felon.  All an ID does is prove who you are.  If you can't provide the documentation to prove that you are a citizen, then why should you be able to cast a vote as a citizen?  Every American citizen has the right to vote, correct.  However, the person needs to be able to prove that they are a citizen.  In a country that has so many non-citizens, felons, illegals, etc. a system should be in place to guarantee that only Americans vote.  This is not a "poll-tax". People should have identification.  People need to take responsibility for themselves.

• Upvote 3

Totally agree. Why is it so hard to understand that political parties do things in their own best interest? In this case, restrict voter access while the old white base gets smaller and smaller. Seems logical to me.

And it it is a fact that the old white people base is a shrinking demographic.

Why is it your logic only works one way?

Why is it so hard to understand that political parties do things in their own best interest? - BINGO!

In this case the Democrats are doing everything they can to influence the election by any means necessary. Ballot box stuffing, rigging the elections, subverting the vote, dis-enfranchising the voters, creating phony voters.

Yea, it's on video, stuff like that. :facepalm:

Why is it your logic only works one way?

Why is it so hard to understand that political parties do things in their own best interest? - BINGO!

In this case the Democrats are doing everything they can to influence the election by any means necessary. Ballot box stuffing, rigging the elections, subverting the vote, dis-enfranchising the voters, creating phony voters.

Yea, it's on video, stuff like that. :facepalm:

All that stuff you mention isn't being done by legislators on the Democratic side. The laws are being changed by the Republican side. Major difference. If laws are broken they should be prosecuted.

All that stuff you mention isn't being done by legislators on the Democratic side. The laws are being changed by the Republican side. Major difference. If laws are broken they should be prosecuted.

Tell me your on crack. Please!

The article said In 2013, a new Colorado Democratic state legislature how is that Republicans?

First. Your the one who started the voter ID = bad Republicans thing.

Second. The original post was and still is about ballot box stuffing.

Third. Your points aren't defensible. Calling a Democrat a Republican to further your argument isn't making a point.

Your sacred cow is safe. Please step down from DEFCON 1.

So tell me how you think we should proceed now that anybody, even non citizens can vote?

Christ!

At least make this thread have some results and use the link below to see if you're registered and if not get registered. Perhaps you can find out if your dead grandmother is still registered to vote while you're at it.

http://voterlookup.sos.state.oh.us/voterlookup.aspx

Notice to All Voters

Voters must bring identification to the polls in order to verify identity. Identification may include current and valid photo identification, a military identification, or a copy of a current

(within the last 12 months) utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document, other than a notice of an election or a voter registration notification sent by a board of elections, that shows the voter’s name and current address. Voters who do not provide one of these documents will still be able to vote by providing the last four digits of the voter’s Social Security number and by casting a provisional ballot pursuant to R.C. 3505.181.

Law also states you have the right to vote. Undue burdens aren't acceptable. So your idea isn't as cut and dry as you might imagine it to be.

Undue burdens my ass.  The Bill of Rights also states that we have the right to bear arms and that it "shall not be infringed".  Yet regulation after regulation has been imposed on it up to and including outright bans.  The least of of these infringements are background checks, and identification to OWN one (specific example is IL FOID card).  So there is specific speech saying the 2nd amendment shall not have "undue burdens" in less stringent words yet they are imposed.  VOTING is a citizens right (and i believe duty) and all you have to do is prove you are a citizen?  From the beginning of the county there has been identification of one form or another and it is not unreasonable for it to be law.  You already have to register to vote, and are issued a SSN card when you are a citizen (born or otherwise), not my fault nor the governments fault that you lose it (or your birth certificate).

Magz, your bs knows no bounds.

• Upvote 1

Undue burdens my ass. The Bill of Rights also states that we have the right to bear arms and that it "shall not be infringed". Yet regulation after regulation has been imposed on it up to and including outright bans. The least of of these infringements are background checks, and identification to OWN one (specific example is IL FOID card). So there is specific speech saying the 2nd amendment shall not have "undue burdens" in less stringent words yet they are imposed. VOTING is a citizens right (and i believe duty) and all you have to do is prove you are a citizen? From the beginning of the county there has been identification of one form or another and it is not unreasonable for it to be law. You already have to register to vote, and are issued a SSN card when you are a citizen (born or otherwise), not my fault nor the governments fault that you lose it (or your birth certificate).

Magz, your bs knows no bounds.

So you feel your right to bear arms has undue burdens attached and you don't like it.

And you are okay with undue burdens for voting.

See any contradictions?