Jay Leno Garage - Kawasaki H2 & H2R

ludwb675

210 HP for the street and a "claimed" 300 for the track version.  But, no stats on the weight of the race that I've found, but the street version is FIVE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE POUNDS!!!! 

Now, if the track version is at the same weight (Shouldn't be due to CF tidbits, etc.), it has the same power to weight as the Panigale R will have.  But the street version is the same concept as a Busa or ZX14 type deal.  More hp and slightly less weight...  It is very bad in terms of that...  Not sportbike type numbers.

Great concept and if cash were liquid, I would own one.  But it is a straight line type bike while the track version is more performance, it still isn't something that is going to be razor sharp like other bikes available.

All I know is this is the year for open bikes and that's really cool in my book!  Aprilia, Kaw, Yamaha, Ducati, BMW...  All coming in with changes and big numbers.  Good stuff!!!

• Upvote 1

Wonder if those are his bikes.

I believe that they are the prototypes being used around the country and were used for display at the IMS show during that time.  The Cycle World dyno run for sound (They were not allowed to post or record hp numbers) was also at the same time and was declared a prototype as well.  I suspect that they will get Jay low VIN units though.  It's great publicity for them.  And our sport...

• Upvote 1