Microsoft SharePoint - help needed

cmh_sprint

Anyone an expert on SharePoint? I have taken over responsibility for SharePoint site at work. I have 1 tab that is not the same format / layout as the others. I have tried everything I know to switch it with no luck. The tab is a sub-tab under a main header. The other sub tabs under that header are fine. TIA

Dumb question, but let's start with the obvious:  have you tried clicking the "edit" button and then choosing an option from the "text layout" button?  It offers like, 1 column, 1 column with sidebar, 2 column page layout, etc.

I'm by no means an expert, but we use it where I work and I've poked around a bit.  

what version of SharePoint? and is is the full (MOSS) or the free (WSS) edition?

Some of the older versions were limited to template based sites (if created using the direct inbuilt sharepoint tools), and once the template was applied, no going back... 

I've tried the edit tools and no luck. It is the full 2010 MOSS version. I have 2 tabs that I have issues with. I just discovered that one is a tab that is linked and hosted on another server, My thought is that I am going to have to recreate that content on our server in the correct layout. The second tab is on the same server and part of the main SharePoint site. The one thing I noticed is that when I select site setting under site actions it does not have the same options under "look and feel". The page I need to correct only has

title, description and icon

tree view

site theme

navigation

all of my other tabs have

welcome page

title, description and icon

master page

page layouts and site templates

tree view

site theme

navigation

Join and learn...odds are good you'll run across more stuff you can't figure out and there are many cool advanced features you can use that'll make you look like a rock star.

http://www.lynda.com/SharePoint-training-tutorials/306-0.html

Edited by ScubaCinci

Join and learn...odds are good you'll run across more stuff you can't figure out and there are many cool advanced features you can use that'll make you look like a rock star.

http://www.lynda.com/SharePoint-training-tutorials/306-0.html

Thank you. I'll use this as it does look like a wealth of information.