Someone on here? Helmet cam crash

Scruit

From the original video:

Published on Nov 9, 2014Jukin Media Verified (Original)

* For licensing / permission to use: Contact - licensing(at)jukinmediadotcom

Happened Oct 2014, lady cut me off on my way home from work closing early. I work at a carwash. Im ok but my foot has some circulation problems now. thank god for my camera

I don't think it would have helped but that appeared to be a very loose and casual grip on the bars. I bet the driver of the car was paying more attention to the car waiting to pull out than the road.

I'm wondering if the driver saw the bike's signal flashing from his lane change, and assumed he was going to turn left at the same intersection.

If the driver sees that left signal flashing AFTER he's executed the lane change, but not prior, he's thinking to himself "that bike's turning left.  No reason for me to yield if he's not going straight."

Obviously flawed logic, but not as egregious as simply not looking for the bike.  This is one reason why it's illegal to change lanes in an intersection.  I think the bike had his lane change complete well prior to the intersection, but the car in front of him might also have shielded the driver's view.

this is why street riding scares me, and I don't enjoy it as much.  I went out for about an hour yesterday and reminded myself that the world is full of stupid...