boot thread

Gixxus Christ!

So it's winter and since I can't ride I might as well replace the most beat up piece of gear I have: my icon field armor boots.

I've crashed these boots 3 times and they're holding up incredibly well except for one buckle. Normally I'd just replace the buckle as they bolt onto the boot, but icon came out with a new boot line with a different buckle design and no longer offers replacement parts for the old line.

The icons cost me like $150, breathed well, fit well, saved my feet more than once and were great boots. I'm not looking to drop a shit ton of money replacing them.

So throw me some suggestions.

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

Not a racing boot but i absolutely love my A-stars Web gore touring boots. Most comfortable things I have ever had on my feet. They discontinued them for a year or two but then brought them back when so many people bitched about it. Bought mine on clearance for $189 and wish I had bought both pair they had. Here is a link to them on Revzilla but maybe you could find them cheaper

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-web-gore-tex-boots

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

I bought my Astars at the Pony for $125, on clearance. I lurve them.

Not a racing boot but i absolutely love my A-stars Web gore touring boots. Most comfortable things I have ever had on my feet. The discontinued them for a year or two but then brought them back when so many people bitches about it.

We have the exact same ones

Score !

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/8878/i/alpinestars-web-gore-tex-boots---2014

I might order another pair now to keep on the shelf incase they discontinue them again. Damn you Sam. .lol

EDIT: Nevermind, "no longer available" :(

Edited by 2talltim

Not a racing boot but i absolutely love my A-stars Web gore touring boots. Most comfortable things I have ever had on my feet. They discontinued them for a year or two but then brought them back when so many people bitched about it. Bought mine on clearance for $189 and wish I had bought both pair they had. Here is a link to them on Revzilla but maybe you could find them cheaper

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-web-gore-tex-boots

$300 heap big wampum.

Discontinued? Well that's shitty news, but I guess it's inevitable with everything. Do love my Field Armors. Can't say what else is comparable at that price since they're the only street boot I've worn since they hit the market.

It would be a step down in coverage/protection from the Field Armors, but I've always loved my Icon Superduties.  I've had 1 major off, and 2 minor...they held up and protected me well.  They are comfortable like a normal boot, while you are off the bike.  I probably have 15K miles on mine, and still work great.  A little uglier than they used to be.

$140

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/33089/i/icon-super-duty-4-boots?ColorId=9

It would be a step down in coverage/protection from the Field Armors, but I've always loved my Icon Superduties. I've had 1 major off, and 2 minor...they held up and protected me well. They are comfortable like a normal boot, while you are off the bike. I probably have 15K miles on mine, and still work great. A little uglier than they used to be.

$140

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/33089/i/icon-super-duty-4-boots?ColorId=9

I like having something taller than a hi top shoe...really wish I could just fix my field armors, I really like them..rode them all season missing a buckle.

I have fat feet. Size 11 double wide new balance. And I found the cortech latigo airs wonderful. No crash experience but stiff stiff in the heal bed and a roll bar type set up for the ankle. I have ridden 7 hours straight in them twice and no complaints.

Edited by zx3vfr

I have fat feet. Size 11 double wide new balance. And I found the cortech latigo airs wonderful. No crash experience but stiff stiff in the heal bed and a roll bar type set up for the ankle. I have ridden 7 hours straight in them twice and no complaints.

This.

I have Fred Flintstone feet. 9.5 EE. I usually end up buying size 11 just to get the correct width. I'll look into these for sure.

This.

I have Fred Flintstone feet. 9.5 EE. I usually end up buying size 11 just to get the correct width. I'll look into these for sure.

They make a waterproof and a race version. The race version is called the latigo air. I did ride in the rain a few times and didn't get to wet but I do keep 2 plastic grocery nags under my seat at all times to cover my feet (just habbit from when I use to ride in sneakers or work boots)

• 1 month later...

Seconding the Latigos -- I have a pair that i bought for Christmas last year off Amazon (iirc) for about $150.00.

I'm a little concerned about the zipper/velcro closure as opposed to straps, but they're comfy, relatively warm, and end up being largely waterproof even though they're perforated. Plus they're comfortable enough to walk around in... just get some high socks to keep the liner off your leg skin, as the interior can be irritating.