Midohio

rusty

I normally get there early....unpack and get everything ready, then go watch the event that is running prior to the twilight.  I wouldn't plan to get there later than 3:30, think the riders meeting is at 4:30 and the intermediate group goes out at 5, then advanced at 5:15 and track is open at 5:30. 

i guess i'm confused then - i thought twilight was mixed I/A, with no regimented rotations. basically, open track for both groups all evening - go out whenever, and however long you want??? (i could swear that's how it was last time.......)

@jester you're killing me, "hoping for a 1:38" and still riding Intermediate. that's def worthy of a "king of I group" trophy! :rolleyes:

just ran my first full day in Advanced at M-O a few weeks back and seem to be stuck in a too comfortable 1:45 ish pace.

would love to break into the high 30s this year.

might be joining the fun on Sunday depending on family plans.

I'm right there with you doing 1:45's. I would love to see a 1:42.

Doing 1:45's did you ever feel you were in the way in advanced?

Edited by lowcel

That was my first time at Mid O.  I felt pretty comfortable out in A group.  I managed to drop 6 seconds by the end of the day. There were some fast guys out there but I never really felt over my head I just held my line and let them do their thing.  The nice thing was that traffic was not an issue and I was able to follow the faster riders lines.  To be honest if it wasn't for Ryan and Taft willing to give me a tow in the morning and throughout the day I would have probably signed up for I since that was my first time at that track.  After watching my video footage I am confident I can drop some more time by refining my brake markers and turn in points.     

Or, If not would anybody going mind if I set my folding chair under their canopy for between sessions. I hear it's supposed to be nice & sunny so my Bike doesn''t need protection from the elements but I do.

Unfortunately, I just went to sign up for INT on Monday and it's no longer listed on the site (nor is the Beg. or Adv classes).  I'm not sure if there are any spots left or if registration for Monday was taken down early?  I've got an e-mail into MidOh about it. 

:(

Unfortunately, I just went to sign up for INT on Monday and it's no longer listed on the site (nor is the Beg. or Adv classes).  I'm not sure if there are any spots left or if registration for Monday was taken down early?  I've got an e-mail into MidOh about it. 

:(

If you hear anything please post up I'm planning on heading out tomorrow and hope that I can get signed up for both days.  They must have pulled registration down on Thursday.  

I have never ridden on a track before, Mid OH track is about 80 miles from me but I think I am gonna shoot for August 15th and 16th and try the novice course.

Does anyone know what gear is required? I have a helmet (obviously), non-specific thick gloves, and riding specific jacket, but do I need some sort of regulation leggings as well to ride on the track? do I need special motorcycle gloves or will my thick winter / work gloves be permissible? 

And any other advice anyone can give me? if I just have my temp license (valid through 2016) can I still ride or do I need my full license? 

Edited by Samcw

I have never ridden on a track before, Mid OH track is about 80 miles from me but I think I am gonna shoot for August 15th and 16th and try the novice course.

Does anyone know what gear is required? I have a helmet (obviously), non-specific thick gloves, and riding specific jacket, but do I need some sort of regulation leggings as well to ride on the track? do I need special motorcycle gloves or will my thick winter / work gloves be permissible? 

And any other advice anyone can give me? if I just have my temp license (valid through 2016) can I still ride or do I need my full license? 

http://www.midohio.com/School/Courses/Motorcycles/Performance-Track-Riding

Click on the requirements tab. It'll show you gear and bike requirements.

I've never had my license checked while signing up. Since you are on private property, not sure if you need any type of license at all. 

You should always wear actual motorcycle gloves, even on street. Work gloves will shred or get yanked off. Over the wrist gauntlet gloves for the track and street. Your hands are almost always the first to hit the ground. And yes you need a suit not just a jacket. In novice a 2 piece is fine, one piece is best

Were track conditions a little better today? Last night was my first time at track this year. Definitely rusty and need to work on a few things. Traffic seem to be heavy at times and had a couple near miss incidences but overall not to bad of a time last night.

Were track conditions a little better today? Last night was my first time at track this year. Definitely rusty and need to work on a few things. Traffic seem to be heavy at times and had a couple near miss incidences but overall not to bad of a time last night.

Morning through lunch was still a slick.....last couple sessions of the day were 100%, don't know if it took that long to clean all the car rubber up or if was just in my head.  

All in all, it wasn't too bad, just had to approach with caution and slowly ratchet the pace up.  

Had a great time last night and today!

I thought it seemed more slick than usual.  

I was in a funk all day and was running 3-4 seconds off my pace from last time. It wasn't until the last session that i felt like i was in a rhythm. 

But a off day at the track is still better than a good day at work. 

Brian -- you were definitely running a faster pace last session.  I'm pretty sure you started off in front of me for 3 out of the 7 sessions, so I have lots of footage of you.  I'll get it uploaded to the Youtube as soon as I can find some time and let you know.