Ranges North of Columbus

Wojo72

Anybody have a range that they like that is a little north of Columbus?

I'd like an outdoor range with a pistol range and a rifle range of at least 100 yards.

Centerburg - I drove by but I don't know how much it costs to join or anything about the range.

Meeker Sportsman Club - Looks good but might be a bit to far away to use on a regular basis.

Richwood - People were nice, dues are reasonable but it is about an hour away.

DNR Range in Delaware - I have hear that this can be a zoo.  It has been busy every time I have driven by.  

Any suggestions or comments on the ranges above?

I thought Delaware DNR was only 25 yards rifle. Small pistol setup and a place for shotgun. Haven't been there since it became regulated (and not free). Cheap though. It was always a zoo. But at times it would be empty. Probably not anymore, but I'm curious also.

• 2 months later...

I've been trying to get some information on Centerburg CC.   I think that I will just crash their monthly meeting.   If I recall correctly it's the first Monday of the month.

Edited by Wojo72

I'm in a similar boat, so it's great that you've started this thread.

I've been to Delaware 5-10 times.  On a high note, it's easy enough to stop by that Norton gun store and buy a pass (plus it's a pretty neat little gun, bait and sundry shop) but you won't know how busy it is until you drive over, and conversely if you go to the range first, you may find it packed when you return with a ticket.  I suppose a season ticket would solve that, and getting there early each time.  But yea, it can be a zoo, and with it so busy, I find that the range goes cold too infrequently, so I always have to wait for several bolt action guys to get old before swapping out my targets.  Also when the place floods from the creek right beside it, nobody gets to shoot for a week.  Other than that, it's cheap to go to and the range officers are generally pretty cool, if maybe a bit lax.

I'd be very interested to hear about the Centerburg CC since it might be equal in distance for me vs. Dillon.

Actually it would be 37 minutes from Westerville to Centerburg vs. 51 minutes to Dillon.

As I read their web site, you need to be sponsored by an active member to join, and it sounds like they highly prefer you be CCW'd already for background purposes.  I bet they'd also appreciate tangible volunteer hours.