New Member from the Grove City area

jmay86

Names Josh, and I just found this forum while researching information regarding motorcycles (imagine that!)

I currently reside near Grove City, just south of Columbus.  I've been interested in motorcycles for a long while now, grew up riding dirt bikes for years... Over the past 5-6 yrs, I've had my temporary permit on 3 or 4 occasions, just never able to find a bike to ride and practice with often enough before taking the endorsement test.

Part of the issue is due to my size, which I am currently working on... I'm currently about 6'1", 380lb...  Have always been a larger guy, dabbling in football and weight lifting in/after HS at the 300lb range... I wouldn't say I'm "fit" by any means, but I do have some muscle mass hidden under the top layer of blubber...  But I'm constantly working on getting into better shape...

I'm hoping to get some good information from this site...  Eventually, I see myself rolling over Ohio on a nice Harley of some sort, but for now, I'm looking for ideas for a decently shaped, decently priced practice rig... 

Please feel free to provide your input, as it is much appreciated!

TIA!

Josh

Welcome. The MSF BRC ( basic rider course ) supplies you a bike for their course, so you wouldn't need one of your own to earn your endorsement. Albeit a bit boring for an experienced rider, it's a valuable way to get properly trained from the ground up, and get licensed at the same time.

• Upvote 1

Welcome aboard

Welcome. The MSF BRC ( basic rider course ) supplies you a bike for their course, so you wouldn't need one of your own to earn your endorsement. Albeit a bit boring for an experienced rider, it's a valuable way to get properly trained from the ground up, and get licensed at the same time.

and this ^.

I too am a larger fella. Took the MSF on an enduro, passed without to much trouble. I got that particular bike because of the suspension travel. :)