Another plane crash

Casper

I bet everyone at CNN is giddy today.  Woohoo, another month or two of airline crash speculation!  Yay ratings!

What a great drinking game? Take a drink every time someone on CNN says the situation is "fluid". :nono:

Was reading Aviation Week magazine today. Flight to Afghanistan. Pilot was playing with camera while co-pilot was in back. Puts the camera down near the throttle. Moves the seat back up. Bumps the camera, bumps the throttle and auto pilot shuts off... puts aircraft in power dive for 33 seconds. All passengers and crew injured bouncing off the overhead. Co-pilot crawls across the overhead upside down in negative G to reach the cockpit and recover the aircraft. Aircraft software automatically canceled the dive and speed about the same time he got to the controls...

Edited by ReconRat

Guess the co-pilot couldn't face another day of being German and decided to end it all.

:/

you've got to put that into context for those not following the updates.

Some official has acknowledged that one of the pilots was intentionally locked out of the cabin during the controlled descent.  During that time, he can be heard pounding on the cockpit door.  The other pilot was "not incapacitated" during that time.

So basically they're saying one of the pilots (although last I heard, they could not determine which one) intentionally crashed the aircraft after a nice gentle reduction in altitude that lasted several minutes, as if it were completely planned.  My best guess is that he wanted to keep the passengers calm so they wouldn't help break into the cockpit(?)

I heard co-pilot was in cock pit. Pilot locked out pounding on door trying to get back in the cockpit.

So someone could have got in the cockpit when the pilot exited the cockpit. Or a bunch of other scenarios. They can't put a $50 camera in there?

Edited by Gump

Might be closer to $50,000 once you FAA TSO the thing, run lines to a crash-resistant cockpit voice recorder, etc.

Agree. It's still just a tamper proof camera feeding to a DVR in a really good box.

I heard co-pilot was in cock pit. Pilot locked out pounding on door trying to get back in the cockpit.

So someone could have got in the cockpit when the pilot exited the cockpit. Or a bunch of other scenarios. They can't put a $50 camera in there?

I think that's unlikely. something would have been captured on the voice recorder.