Game Cameras for the Urban Situation

C-bus

I live within the outerbelt. My street has seen a higher rate of daytime crime. My house is well positioned for security with appropriate landscaping, fencing, dogs, alarm systems, etc, so I worry less about my house than others in my neighborhood. The trend has been the door-to-door "I'll see if you're home and then break in the back door".

Question... If I bought a couple $100 game cameras to place strategically on my property, would it capture decent photos of trespassers? Both night and day? If so, better brands than others? Looking more for identification after the fact, as realistically there isn't someone who can sit and monitor movement all day long.

You can buy cameras with all the wiring and a hard driver for $500, why not go that route? Then you can connect the HD to your internet and be able to look at the cameras remotely on another computer or your phone?

But if your wanting trail cams, there is a whole world of them out there. I have one running in my yard on a solar charger taking pics of my driveway.

How does it do? I like the idea of no-wiring.

Game camera's take great pictures day and night and you will be able to see the perpetrator clearly...I don't remember the ones off the top of my head but a few game cams came out last year that will actually send a picture instantly to you're phone...you can also text the camera and it will take a series of pictures and or video if you want. 

Game camera's take great pictures day and night and you will be able to see the perpetrator clearly...I don't remember the ones off the top of my head but a few game cams came out last year that will actually send a picture instantly to you're phone...you can also text the camera and it will take a series of pictures and or video if you want.

Excellent! I think I have some cabelas points to burn.

But if your wanting trail cams, there is a whole world of them out there. I have one running in my yard on a solar charger taking pics of my driveway.

Ditto

Moultrie with a solar charger. I like the date time stamp and that I'm not looking thru blank data.

Don't firget to make sure the trail camera you choose has a lockbox available for it.

PICT1390.jpg

Not bad day photos with some quick motion. They have got better. This cam is a few years old. I like that Moultrie cams have a 12v port. So a car/lawn mower/bike battery will run it forever. Or get the solar charger I have and it will last for life.

PICT1426.jpg

And not bad night photos.  :shit:

Pigs. :beating: ..I wasn't even home and the gate was closed next to the no trespassing sign. WTF were you doing for 4 minutes. Prolly why the front door lock got screwed up. You'll never find my plants.

post-9795-0-14183500-1427336709_thumb.jp

post-9795-0-63689300-1427336712_thumb.jp

post-9795-0-68007700-1427337236_thumb.jp

Edited by Gump

Oh my god! you have Coyotes! You need me to come out and completely eradicate them!?!?!? :lol:

lol

100's of them...His name is Thor, he likes warm hotdogs, and violently pee'd on my dogwood tree and almost killed it. He must die.

• Upvote 1