Funny story

HeavyDuty

I have a 2012 Softail Classic In the past 3 years I have had to replace the battery the clutch safety switch in the clutch lever both were under warranty. I have put 4 rear tires and 2 front tires on it replaced the brakes one time and have done a shit load of oil changes. So I’m talking to a guy that has and 14 year old Suzuki Intruder and he start telling me what a piece of junk Harleys are and in the 14 years he has owned his bike he has never had that much trouble with his bike. No big deal to me I have heard it all but I like old bikes so we walk out to look at his bike I happen to look at his mileage on the bike it only has 12,800 miles on it and its 14 years old it took everything I had not to laugh at him so I just walked away. By the way my 2012 only has 38,000 miles on it. You just have to love dumb asses like that. Rant over

I have a 2012 Softail Classic In the past 3 years I have had to replace the battery the clutch safety switch in the clutch lever both were under warranty. I have put 4 rear tires and 2 front tires on it replaced the brakes one time and have done a shit load of oil changes. So I’m talking to a guy that has and 14 year old Suzuki Intruder and he start telling me what a piece of junk Harleys are and in the 14 years he has owned his bike he has never had that much trouble with his bike. No big deal to me I have heard it all but I like old bikes so we walk out to look at his bike I happen to look at his mileage on the bike it only has 12,800 miles on it and its 14 years old it took everything I had not to laugh at him so I just walked away. By the way my 2012 only has 38,000 miles on it. You just have to love dumb asses like that. Rant over

It's sad that there are so many motorcycle owners who don't actually ride. I rode by myself this weekend because my buddies wanted to wash their bikes more than riding them.

It's sad that there are so many motorcycle owners who don't actually ride.

As often the case, a person's strength of opinion is inversely proportional to the amount if riding they do. When people state strong opinions on motorcycles, I often ask how many miles do they ride in a year. People that ride a lot tend to be more open minded than those that ride less.

As often the case, a person's strength of opinion is inversely proportional to the amount if riding they do. When people state strong opinions on motorcycles, I often ask how many miles do they ride in a year. People that ride a lot tend to be more open minded than those that ride less.

When I see someone  bashing a certain brand or style of bike, I usually try to see why they have these opinions. If it's from experience, I see it as a valid claim, but usually it is just someone's ego. I am a firm believer that all bikes have potential to be great bikes, but it depends on how they are treated and maintained.

Any bike is great in the correct hands. I grew up around Harleys, and I like to bash them in front of my dad because he can't ride anymore and it bothers him. It's funny to me, but I Really don't have a problem with any bike. Harleys aren't for me, but the bikes I ride aren't for everybody else.

I don't care what anyone rides. If they want to ride, let's go. Just don't act like a jackass, and I will ride with them again.

I travel most days for work....whether by air or by road. Ironically, as much as people like to rip on the Harleys that travel from bar to bar on bike night, I only see HD, BMW, and Goldwings on the road when it isn't Goldilocks weather outside.