Law Enforcement Experience

dustyxbla

All my dealings are in my car, I never get a warning. Pulled over by state and sheriffs, was told my car stands out. It's a four cylinder, but has RS 6.0 on the side (release series 6) it's a tC. Sad part, I am a girl and never can pull off the stupid girl thing.

All my dealings are in my car, I never get a warning. Pulled over by state and sheriffs, was told my car stands out. It's a four cylinder, but has RS 6.0 on the side (release series 6) it's a tC. Sad part, I am a girl and never can pull off the stupid girl thing.

Your just not flashing the right stuff LOL

Son and daughter in-law are cops and have never have any problems. Except for staties that are just glorified Meter Maids who’s only job is to collect revenue.

Edited by HeavyDuty

You've been doing it all wrong act stupid AND cry. Cleavage helps, us men are pigs. At the same time we'll do anything to make a woman stop crying lol

1979 CB750 Limited Edition

I've had nothing but good experiences with LE on the bike. The two times I was pulled over (one was totally my doing, flying down a country road and a sheriff lit me up), he was cool and issued a warning. The other was mistaken identity...they were looking for a guy who ran on a silver bike, pulled me over and immediately realized they had the wrong dude and he sent me on my way.

I've had a couple bad experiences with LE, looking at you Gahanna PD, but overwhelmingly positive.

2 interactions on the bike.

First was when I went down on the gravel infront of an ambulance on the VFR. I knew almost all the guys in the ambulance, but I went down really hard and slid at least 30 yards. So the cops show up and the cop asks me why I was going so fast. Now at this point I have blood gushing out of my arm. And the EMT looks at the cop and tells the cop to "fuck off don't ask him questions right now" 5 minutes later the cop comes up and says to me, "Well I'm gonna have to write you a ticket for failure to control". Another EMT, that I've been somewhat close to for a number of years, responds to the cop for me, "If you write him a ticket every single one of us here will testify on his (my) behalf against the ticket" The cop took off about 2 seconds after that.

The second interaction was a couple years ago. I was on Riverview heading into Brecksville. A car turned left and I hit the throttle and reached 70 or so in a 25 for a breif moment and slowed back down to the approperiate 25.  But by the time I reached the speed limit I see a cop right infront of me on the side of the road with his radar gun. So I pull of the side of the road and he's still running radar with me right in front of him. He asks me, if everything was all right, and I said well I stopped because I thought you were going to pull me over. He said why? and i told him, that I was almost certain he had clocked my speed and was going to pull me over. He told me, well no, I got you at 31... lololol :wtf:

2 interactions on the bike.

First was when I went down on the gravel infront of an ambulance on the VFR. I knew almost all the guys in the ambulance, but I went down really hard and slid at least 30 yards. So the cops show up and the cop asks me why I was going so fast. Now at this point I have blood gushing out of my arm. And the EMT looks at the cop and tells the cop to "fuck off don't ask him questions right now" 5 minutes later the cop comes up and says to me, "Well I'm gonna have to write you a ticket for failure to control". Another EMT, that I've been somewhat close to for a number of years, responds to the cop for me, "If you write him a ticket every single one of us here will testify on his (my) behalf against the ticket" The cop took off about 2 seconds after that.

The second interaction was a couple years ago. I was on Riverview heading into Brecksville. A car turned left and I hit the throttle and reached 70 or so in a 25 for a breif moment and slowed back down to the approperiate 25. But by the time I reached the speed limit I see a cop right infront of me on the side of the road with his radar gun. So I pull of the side of the road and he's still running radar with me right in front of him. He asks me, if everything was all right, and I said well I stopped because I thought you were going to pull me over. He said why? and i told him, that I was almost certain he had clocked my speed and was going to pull me over. He told me, well no, I got you at 31... lololol :wtf:

Gotta love the bike speedos lol I often wonder how accurate mine is as I see it jumping between 70 and 55

Gotta love the bike speedos lol I often wonder how accurate mine is as I see it jumping between 70 and 55

I think the point was that the cop didn't hit him with the radar till he slowed back down. How old is your speedo cabke? When's the last time it was lubed?

Lol my speedo cable is 36 years old, I got the bike in February, I never lubed it. I probably should do that.

Funny the cop didn't notice you going 70. Ours play solitaire in the cruiser. If you see the cabin lit up your good to go, if it's dark they're actually paying attention.

I had a pending move and let my OH registration lapse after winter. Went out for a short jaunt and was pulled over by a local in a car. He was a biker too and just gave me a warning.

On my SV I put on a speedo healer to make the speedo dead on. Was living in a city with speed camera's then.

I work pretty closely with law enforcement agents, and while I can't refute the statements made about Troopers being brutal with their enforcement, that is the task they're given...  It's pretty rare that they get a call to respond to a crime in progress, so their job is mainly a numbers game of citing traffic offenders, and hopefully finding drugs and fugitives in the process.

I literally just settled a case this morning that involved two Highway Patrol Sergeants, and two Troopers.  All four were incredibly invested in the case, accommodating of my concerns, and really helpful in getting us to a positive result.   A Trooper from the same post cited my coworker for doing 80 in a 60mph zone last year.  It's just their job.

The Sheriff's Deputies and Patrolmen I have dealt with are mainly  just average guys though.   One of the detectives I've had as a witness several times has Rossi posters in his office, and flies out to Laguna Seca for MotoGP races.  His last bike was a GSX-R 1000.  His partner has more bikes than he could name (all cruisers though).  

You're going to catch cops on bad days just like you catch mechanics and cashiers on bad days.  Be polite to them whether they deserve it or not, and I honestly believe that nine times out of ten, they're going to be willing to cut you a break - maybe not on the side of the road while they're pissed off and writing your ticket, but maybe when the prosecutor calls them after your pretrial and asks how they feel about a 0 point violation and waiving your fine.

Haven't been pulled over yet but a great experience was when a group of probably 10 of us were riding and a spot shower hit and we took refuge under the drive through of a bank that was closed that day.

He pulled up and bs'd with us a bit and then had radar up checking out other spots and actually took lead in his cruiser of a couple local roads that we should hit. Unfortunately my buddy wrecked on a freshly paved road that was still wet. The cop was awesome and felt bad since he took us down that road and we all went back to the station and my buddy got cleaned up and we made some temp repairs to get him to make the hour plus ride home

Had a similar experience out west (I think we were in Oklahoma, but can't remember). Shitty, Earache, and I were under an overpass because it was raining so hard we couldn't see. Officer roles up, shoots the shit with us, pulls up the radar and tells us if we can book it to wherever we can get out of the storm pretty quickly. He was very cool. 

Never been stopped on the bike, but I'm in the minority.  A Harley rider that wears a full face helmet, leather armored jacket, gloves, and boots.  The last several times I've been stopped, I've been sent away with a request to please slow down, or don't follow so closely.  I've been told that since I've not had a traffic violation in many years, I'm what LEO refers to as a +5, meaning when they pull my DL info, it shows I've got 5 positive points on my license.  I've heard from several different sources that LEOs tend to give a bit more leniency to +5s because they don't like to wreck a good driver's record.

Just reporting back what I've been told.  You're right though, I didn't turn anything up in a quick Google search.  Maybe something that shows up on the LEO's screen when he runs DL info?

Here is my guess.

+5 is a saying the LEO's use among themselves....and they say it that way because the screen shows them a 5 year history.......I ride with a cop all the time, he dates our secretary. I will ask him.

Edited by Tonik

Here is my guess.

+5 is a saying the LEO's use among themselves....and they say it that way because the screen shows them a 5 year history.......I ride with a cop all the time, he dates our secretary. I will ask him.

10-4. I'd be willing to bet you guessed their lingo. If I do my job today right today I'll get to see a cop. I'll ask as well.

When they run your DL, SSN or Name & DOB your entire driving history is populated by the BMV. All the way back to your first moving violation and or accidents.

Also tells if you have the correct endorsements and wether is valid or not. 

Warnings do not show, only ticketed moving violations.

It has the date, the loacation, the offense, and the points. There might be some other stuff in there as well.

It will even have your parents name in there as a cosigner of your license if you were issued a lincense after they overhauled the procedure approximately 1997-1998.

If you request you infor from the local BMV, they will only give you the previous 3 years. If I remember correctly.

I would say the +5 is a local jive, from a local LEO.

Agencies thoughout the state have different software that dispays different information. It's not all the same, because it is supplied by different vendors, and is custome to that department. It does all come from the BMV as they hold the records.

Edited by Cdubyah

Got pulled over in Lancaster a couple of years ago for doing 57 in a 55.  I asked the cop if he was serious and he said "he figured we would run". My husband said "sorry to disappoint".  State trooper. Actually wrote me a warning. 

Got pulled over on 71 near Ashland about 4 years ago. Part where the trees divide the highway. I won't even mention how fast we were going.  I think the officer was surprised to be pulling over a 1. Female  2.  2 forty year olds.  He was very very very nice. Said he rides and gets it but we can't be doing stuff like that. We agreed, apologized profusely and he let us go.  We try to avoid highways if we can..............

We are always respectful even with the Lancaster cop who was just fishing for a chase.  Many motorcyclists (and drivers in general) are jerks so I can't blame cops for being a pain on occasion. Most have been quite nice and normal.