Sputtering, stalling and random rpms

jhawk

Thanks for all the help! It felt like my child was in the ER yesterday, looks like she's gonna pull thru with the help of some great people! Owe ya beers for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think i got it, clip to one of the coils was loose/off. Got spark, plugged it in and both pipes are hot! Thanks for all the help, should've checked wires and connections better.

Its baaaack! Got bike back together, rode a block and died. Wont crank or anything. Removing battery and heading to autozone to test and replace if needed.

I am thinking it is the rear coil. It is very hard to get to, so havent been able to put a meter on it. I think rear coil controls fuel pump as well. I lost suction on the fuel line when connector was off.

Battery died again from cranking and not starting. Have it on tinder to charge again. Will figure out how to get to coil as well to test.

Dump the oil, pull the carbs or if you can just the bowls and look for debris in the float valve. It only takes a spec and that thing will dump gas. You're lucky you didn't hydro-lock one of the cyls, that will typically break your starter clutch or starter gear.

Agree with CSC... How's your oil level? Overfull could be a sign of gas getting to the crankcase as well. You could scar up rings, cylinder walls & more pretty quick if too much makes it into the crankcase.

As a kid I loved motorcycles, ever since my parents first told me I couldn't have one