Indianapolis MotoGP weekend of Aug 9 2015

jbot

so i'm told brad's brass cabaret or whatever is one of the better ones for gentlemen's clubbin.  also, i guess there are indoor (link I posted) and outdoor go kart tracks by new castle.  indoor or outdoor, that is the question

this thread is getting better with age.

I still need to find accommodations. Is parking at the track a PITA over the weekend?

When riding we buy a weekend pass for the IRL offices on Georgetown across from the track (outside the short shoot between turns 1 & 2). I want to say it is $20 for the 3 days. Easy in / easy out.

When riding we buy a weekend pass for the IRL offices on Georgetown across from the track (outside the short shoot between turns 1 & 2). I want to say it is $20 for the 3 days. Easy in / easy out.

You and Ben can park at my campsite for free in turn 6 if you would like.

• Upvote 1

Probably riding unless a hurricane decides to swing through again. If parking for bikes isn't an issue I'll probably look for a room somewhat close to downtown, assuming any rooms are left for under $300/night.

Edited by what

Probably riding unless a hurricane decides to swing through again. If parking for bikes isn't an issue I'll probably look for a room somewhat close to downtown, assuming any rooms are left for under $300/night.

https://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/events/motogp/fan-info/parking-tailgating/motorcycle-parking

[emoji482]

Also, be sure to verify parking if you look for a hotel downtown. Some have offsite parking in a parking garage. Can't remember which place, but their parking was like 3 blocks away from the hotel. No way I'm lugging my gear that far. Not even getting into the security issue of it.

Also, be sure to verify parking if you look for a hotel downtown. Some have offsite parking in a parking garage. Can't remember which place, but their parking was like 3 blocks away from the hotel. No way I'm lugging my gear that far. Not even getting into the security issue of it.

Yeah there are a couple places like that downtown, though the JW and the Crowne Plaza both have parking right next to the hotel. JW is like $400/night though so I doubt I'll be staying there. I'm also considering out west of town as well, although if people are planning shenanigans downtown on Saturday night I'd like to avoid having to drive/ride anywhere afterwards. I'm one of those weirdos that won't set foot near a vehicle after I've had any alcohol at all. 

Yeah there are a couple places like that downtown, though the JW and the Crowne Plaza both have parking right next to the hotel. JW is like $400/night though so I doubt I'll be staying there. I'm also considering out west of town as well, although if people are planning shenanigans downtown on Saturday night I'd like to avoid having to drive/ride anywhere afterwards. I'm one of those weirdos that won't set foot near a vehicle after I've had any alcohol at all.

Hampton Inn downtown has parking right next door. Right on Meridian. Great place to enjoy the festivities. Residence Inn also has on site parking, but like 4 blocks from downtown. Easy walking distance.

I may have an extra room at the Marriot downtown Indy (350 West Maryland St.) for Friday 8/7, Saturday 8/8 and Sunday 8/9 nights. The hotel has underground parking. Please let me know if anyone is interested before Monday 7/27 because I plan to cancel the reservation.